A somewhat OT request for common courtesy

hwatkins

Well folks - this forum has put me in contact with some of the best advisors I could have as I worked to wrap myself in this addiction. From the start, folks were willing to accept my ignorance and work to give me their version of the truth. This was rarely at the expense of other's opinions. This board needs to work on maintaining that special feeling.

As I was trying to find a way through a difficult issue with Microsoft Word, I got blind sided on a simple request at a supposedly well mannered forum/newsgroup. I immediately took the protective tip off my epee and had fun for a bit, but was left completely unsatisfied in my search for a solution.

There has been a tendency for some here to treat the new and sometimes ignorant the same way. I have a simple request - remember our past and what we knew when we started trying to learn more and apply a bit of that patience needed to help folks get their foot in the door on audio issues. I too will try a tad harder to be less condescending.

BTW - that doesn't mean we can't spar and body slam the trolls and bellegirant (misspelling is intentional) - I don't mean to suggest we take the fun away.

Amen. I've been around here about 1 1/2 years and, having dickered with this hobby since the 1950's, thought I knew quite a bit. But thanks to folks like GaryMD and others, I learned more here. Ergo, I'm back with a tube amp for the first time since I built a 20-watt Heathkit back around 1958.

Most folks here are civil most of the time. Klipsch also rides herd over the forum and reads the riot act when things get too redolent. Good job, Klipsch.

Henry, I think your articulation of your experience on the Klipsch forum will find a fair consensus of agreement with alot of forum folk. Also, I'd agree that responses to my posts asking for help with the most kindergarten level questions have been quite hospitable. You have apparently run across some material that I've missed. I'd add my own Amen to keep to a fine tradition and genuinely rare internet community.

Maron, you are a funny man.