Denon

Tenn

I'm not sure about features, you may want to go to the Denon website and compare the two. The 3803 does have a larger power supply though.

----------------

On 3/13/2004 12:33:43 PM Tenn wrote:

I am trying to decide which to buy is the Denon 3803 that much better than the 2803 I know that the 3803 puts out more watts but is that about the only difference? Thanks

----------------

Tenn, both models are great receivers. I use AVR3803 and am extremely happy with it. Keep in mind that AVR3805 is coming to market next month, therefore the 3803 prices will more than likely go significantly down. Dont pay attention to the posted prices, just give a call or two to the authorised dealers like 6AVE for example and ask them for the sales pricing. They are probably willing to clear their inventories of the older units to give way to new ones.

Tenn:

Are you aware that the Denon avr 3805 is about to come out with the same retail price as the 3803? I have been considering the 3803 and now will go for the 3805, even though it will not be as discounted as the 3803. I have seen pre-orders for it for $995.

It has 120 watts and have auto setup and eq and front a/v jacks which I need.

Best of luck

Mike

The 38xx series of Denon are great all around performers,bang for the buck.Don't think all avr's sound the same,they all sound VERY different on my 7's.I didn't know how good the pre/pro and features really were till I tried the "latest"giant killers.If you get better you may spend enough to just go seperates.