TESTY

DRBILL

Subject: Doglike behavior of cats

We have two cats, Zappa and Timmy recently 'rescued' from one of these cat welfare places (they came pre-named, and we were loath to re-name). BTW, Zappa is a good cat name, and Timmy is a bad cat name (IMO), so we provided a post-name for Timmy: Timmy the Timorous Tomcat (actually ex-tomcat).

Last night, Zappa (the larger but actually even usually more timorous) was parading around with one of their cat toys, a little fishing-rod-like gizmo with a piece of stretchy cord tied to a feathered thingy with a bell on it. Zappa had the feathered thingy in his mouth, and was draggin' it all over the place. Timmy was followin' Zap around, trying to get a piece of the action. Whenever Timmy approached, Zap would growl as menacingly as he could. Profoundly doglike, IMO. We were quite amused. Timmy was nonplussed. This went on for about 15 minutes.

----------------

On 3/17/2004 1:40:58 PM KCM wrote:

Here's SweetPea, our sun conure with "mom"......Can 'ya tell he loves her ?

-Ken

----------------

My wife and I had a blue headed conure that loved either one of us unless we were all in the room and then he had issues with me.Had quite a few nose bites from the little tyke. Is yours possesive like that?