Hd tv with dolby digital or dts playback?

TIbor

Hi,

When watching Hd tv with my digital box from comcast(yes I am using the digital coaxial out on the box to the receiver). With my Denon reciever the mode shows a digital source as indicated by the light. But the format shows only 2/0/0. And it plays just in the neo mode prologic 2. Does anyone every get any hd viewing with dolby digital 5.1 or better sound. Last week sopranos only came through in progolic to. As shown by the status button

Thanks

I have Adelphia cable and the Soprans was in 5.1. last week. However, Adelphia (being the bankrupt company with the CEO and his son under federal indictment) does not have any HD channels. I get my HD from my antenna on the roof. Could it just be that Comcast did not broadcast in 5.1? Adelphia does not broadcast the weekly reruns in 5.1, only the Sunday night show. Have you ever been able to receive 5.1 in HD from Comcast?

I have watched several shows in HD on the ABC Networks pearl harbor the sound was so unbelievable that i wanted to toss out my DVD castaway when the plain went down whew all in 5.1 dolby digital I have dish network and don't see myself paying 600.00 for their receiver to get HD when I get it for free now on the air ways CBS, NBC, ABC, WPWR, WGN, AND PBS 16.gif

----------------

On 3/15/2004 1:54:08 AM Philooh wrote:

I have watched several shows in HD on the ABC Networks pearl harbor the sound was so unbelievable that i wanted to toss out my DVD castaway when the plain went down whew all in 5.1 dolby digital I have dish network and don't see myself paying 600.00 for their receiver to get HD when I get it for free now on the air ways CBS, NBC, ABC, WPWR, WGN, AND PBS
16.gif

----------------

Smart man. There isn't enough HD content anywhere other than the networks to justify buying the box, unless you're like my clients who just want to be done with it all and enjoy it when it comes.

Sad part is that Dish will give a new subscriber an HD receiver as one part of a three-room package.

I suggest that, if you really want one, you call them up and threaten to change over to DirecTV if they don't give you a box for cheap.

I have a friend who did exactly the reverse - threatened DirecTV with a cancel - they gave him that $600 Samsung SIR-T150 box for $99 - after sending him the Hughes E set, and him returning it because he hated it... 10.gif

----------------

On 3/15/2004 11:36:53 AM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Well, I think everyone is going to have to eventually upgrade to HDTV, right? I thought they were cutting all the regualar broadcasts in 2007, and going strictly to HDTV... Thats just what I heard. Im probably not gonna get a new TV until 2007.

----------------

Common misconception. FCC says everyone must be broadcasting both by end of 2006. Analog gets dropped for good in 2016.

All TV's must have a built-in digital (not necessarily HD) tuner by end of 2006. This is going to create total havoc, with cheapo brands like KLH already using the word "digital" in their badge names to confuse the uninitiated, and no doubt will be putting out analog TV's with digital downconverting tuners in them. Lots of people are going to spend money on TV's they think are HD, but are really no different than their old sets.