H/K Receivers with Klipsch Reference Series

tmilam

I have pretty well settled on a set of Klipsch Reference series speakers for my 5.1 HT setup (L/R Fronts--RB-5's, Center channel--RC-25, Rear surrounds--RS-25's) and have been giving a hard look at a couple of H/K receivers (the new AVR 7300 or the new DPR 2005). As far as matching goes, what is the concensus as to how H/K receivers and Klipsch Reference series speakers sound together? Even beyond that, has anyone matched a set of Klipsch references with the 2 receivers that I listed above, and if so, what were your impressions? All opinions are greatly appreciated.

----------------

On 3/15/2004 10:18:26 PM tmilam wrote:

As far as matching goes, what is the concensus as to how H/K receivers and Klipsch Reference series speakers sound together? Even beyond that, has anyone matched a set of Klipsch references with the 2 receivers that I listed above, and if so, what were your impressions? All opinions are greatly appreciated.

----------------

I have Denon myself (at least as a pre/pro now - but when used as a receiver, it was excellent with Klipsch), but there are numourous folks on here that uses H/K recievers. The general conscensous is that Klipsch and H/K is a match made in heaven. I don't know of anybody using the newer models you mentioned, but there are a few on here that has "last years" 7200 and swears by them. If you want to go with "last years" model, it seems that the H/K AVR-7200 can be had for like half of what it originally went for - I am hearing just north of $800. If I was in need of a reciever, I certainly would've look into it.

----------------

On 3/15/2004 10:24:59 PM skonopa wrote:

I have Denon myself (at least as a pre/pro now - but when used as a receiver, it was excellent with Klipsch), but there are
numourous
folks on here that uses H/K recievers. The general conscensous is that Klipsch and H/K is a match made in heaven. I don't know of anybody using the newer models you mentioned, but there are a few on here that has "last years" 7200 and swears by them. If you want to go with "last years" model, it seems that the H/K AVR-7200 can be had for like half of what it originally went for - I am hearing just north of $800. If I was in need of a reciever, I certainly would've look into it.

----------------

I second that............. "if" I didn't pick a reciever like 5months earlier I'd take a look for the AVR7200. For the same MSRP in different brand, Denon and Pioneer Elite still stick around 1000-1500. $750 is a steal 9.gif

Qualitywise...... I've always no doubt about it(not sure about the treble, I like Elite's treble(some people called it a little bright, but fine with me) 9.gif

I've got an AVR 525 and was totally blown away by the sound when I first bought it (replaced a Denon 2802). The 2802 sounded flat by comparison. Although I have heard the Denon 3803 and think it is a HUGE improvement. Anyway, yes HK sounds great with Klipsch.