Will my receiver handle rb-35's?

Halvie

Hello, right now I have a yamaha rx-v740(90x6) receiver and some klipsch rb-25 speakers. The shop I bought the speakers at let me trade them in within a year and I get the whole amount I paid for them tward another pair of speakers. I am thinking about getting the rb-35's, but I am worried that since my receiver is 90wx6 it won't be enough power. Would my receiver work well with these speakers?

Also will I be able to tell a big difference between the rb-25's and rb-35's..I am looking for a little bit more in the lower freq.

Thanks for the help

Troy

The higher series of Klispch have higher sensitivity on their speakers, that means you use lesser power for the same volume(or same power for higher volume). So worry nothing about you reciever can't push them, just beware your ears hurt if you turn them really high 2.gif

I've both 6.5" woofer(RC3II) and 8" woofer(RB-5II) speakers, it helps on some low freq but will not be too much as expected. Perhaps because I let those speakers to be small and not handling too much bass. I'll let you know what if they turn to big tomorrow if you wish(can't try it out @12am..... rest of the people in house will wake up and spank me 3.gif )

Plenty of power with your receiver. Not sure about how much more you'll get on the low end - some for sure, but how much? Can you demo a pair at home (use banana plugs and switch back and forth to test)? Alternatively, if you're only really concerned about more low-end, how about a sub?

You'll definately need a sub if you want some good extension into the lower frequencies. I have the RB-5II's and they just couldn't handle anything lower than 70ish hz...with any oomph, anyways. Don't expect a full frequency range from bookshelf speakers.

I do plan on getting a sub, but thought it would be a better idea to get the speakers first. I was planning on getting a rw-12(I think that is the model number). I was also thinking about getting a hsu str-2(again I think that is the model number). I wish I could demo the rb-35's. The store I would get them from only gets them through special order. Any more advise?Thanks for the help Troy

I too own the 25s. When I demoed them I also demoed the 35s. I did some difference between the two but enough to justify the increased cost, IMHO. If you're looking for more bass, keep your 25s, take the $200 you would have spent upgrading to the 35s and put that towards a sub. $549 will get you into an SVS and that will be MORE than enough low end for you.

John

----------------

On 3/16/2004 9:54:41 PM Halvie wrote:

Which sub would you recommend

HSU STF-2 $399

SVS PB1-ISD $600

and does the SVS justify the extra money?

Thanks

Troy

----------------

What size your room will be??

Actually you may look for further upgrade if you get STF2 now, but not neccessary for PB1 if the sub is enough for your room and your ears unless you move into a huge room in the future

Troy,

Go to SVS' website and email them. Tom and his partner, whose name escapes me right now, will be VERY helpful. Give them your room dimensions and listening habits/requirements and they will recommend a sub for you. The sub they recommend may not even be theirs. They really are great guys over there.

John