I let the KG 4.5s go for $230.

TransAmLS1

I was going to bid but everybody told me to go for the RB-35s instead. That seemed pretty cheap for the 4.5s. They would have been a little over $300 with shipping though. I hope I made the right choice.:) If it wasn't for you guys telling me to get th 35s I would have bought the 4.5s3.gif

Thats what I was afraid of.15.gif I wish you would have responded to one of my posts because I would have bought the 4.5s. I just wanted one person to tell me to go with them over the 35s. I was going to buy the 4.5s but everyone on here said to go with the 35s. Everybody says the 4.5s are awesome for music but not as good for movies?!?!?!

----------------

On 3/16/2004 10:28:11 AM TransAmLS1 wrote:

----------------

On 3/16/2004 9:17:05 AM T2K wrote:

You would probably have received kindling had you bought the big speakers. Best to buy close enough to pick up.

Keith

----------------

"kindling"?????? Sorry for the dumb question.
9.gif

----------------

Kindling is small pieces of wood for starting fires. When your seller hires a packager, and the packager packages your big speakers, he gives them to UPS. UPS takes them, uses their trucks to convert your big speakers to kindling, and delivers you the busted up boxes with your kindling inside.

Wanna see my Choruses? 7.gif8.gif14.gif

----------------

On 3/16/2004 12:13:59 PM heretic wrote:

Kindling is small pieces of wood for starting fires. When your seller hires a packager, and the packager packages your big speakers, he gives them to UPS. UPS takes them, uses their trucks to convert your big speakers to kindling, and delivers you the busted up boxes with your kindling inside.

Wanna see my Choruses?
7.gif8.gif14.gif

----------------

*shudder* I learned my McIntosh receiver shipped today - UPS! I don't want to think about it! 2.gif

Wow!

Ahhhhh

GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Oh No!!!

My reactions, at various points, to that photo essay of yours. It could have been worse - someone could have written 'FRAGILE' copiously on the exterior of the box! 1.gif

Seriously, I hope the insurance took care of matters properly. If it had been me, and if there was even the slightest cabinet damage, I'd pretty much call that a total loss and make UPS buy me a brand spankin' new speaker(s) on them.