Any Seattle or Boston people?

Joe Shmoe

----------------

Sources tell AR than the discs Sony Music are testing use the DVD side of the disc for a PCM stereo version of the record while the other major labels are putting MLP 5.1 surround on the DVD side of the flip disc - much like you would see on a DVD-Audio release.

----------------

I'm not sure if I understand what this means. I had heard about other labels making "flipper" DVD-A / CD discs, and was very excited about that happening, but haven't seen any good news about that lately.

Sounds Like Sony, though, is making CD on one side and CD (PCM) on the other side as well????

I would like some clarification on this, if anyone could explain.

I would love it if Sony jumped aboard the DVD-A Train, as I only own a DVD-A player and not SACD. I'd like to get some of the discs that are only available on SACD like Aerosmith, Michael Jackson, Alice in Chains and of course Pink Floyd's DSOTM, which I feel those of us in the DVD-A camp got the shaft on. I for one would double or triple my collection, which is already pretty strong at 26 discs. So if you're listening Sony...

And it would also be great to get a CD side as well, so I only have to buy the album once.

Out of the list on this website, I would like to buy AC/DC and Audioslave, I already have 3 Doors down and R.E.M. (both CD and DVD-A) and Linkin Park (DVD-A only). Are AC/DC and Audioslave available on DVD-A now?

Cool Website, by the way, I have bookmarked it.

Joe,

They are not anything special.

They should be avialble at Best Buys. They went nation wide last week.

One side is dvd-a and the other is cd. They are thicker and looks like 2 media glued together.

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=560893&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=559654&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

If you call tower records in Boston they will ship it to you. If you ahve a problem let em know and I will see what I can do.

Scott