Hk and Klipsch Rf-3...

ekbriggs

To any that have Hk amps/recievers with their Klipsch speakers:

1. What do you set your volume on in relation to your room and movie choices?

2. hey moon i noticed that you have your dvd-50 on top of your AVR-7200, do you have any problems with your amp getting too hot (i know my 525 runs a bit warmer than my old 2095 yamaha...not sure if that is because it is working harder with all RF-3's or if thats the nature of Hk pieces in general)

3. lastly, (moon you might know this right off), in the osd setting of my 525 there is a setting titled "default volume" and mine is set to (-25). What is the default volume? What should it be set on? Does it make any difference? I tried to find something in the owners manual with a quick glance but came up empty handed thus i turn to the more knowledgeable for help.

Thanks to all that reply with answers to what might be trivial questions.

-Eric

I vary the volume for music from about -40 all the way down to -5 when I really want to party. For 5 channel movie (Dolby II) I usually go around -10.

I have noticed that HK's seem to run warmer than other receivers, make sure to give that 525 plenty of breathing room. I wouldn't place anything on top of it just because i'm a worry-wart about electronics in general...

When I had the 525 I do remember the default volume being set to -25, although everytime I turned on my unit it was at -80 which is the volume I set whenever I turned it off..

----------------

On 3/18/2004 8:51:59 PM ekbriggs wrote:

To any that have Hk amps/recievers with their Klipsch speakers:

1. What do you set your volume on in relation to your room and movie choices?

----------------

There are a bunch of factors here that affect the volume. Depends most importantly on what you have Dolby reference set to; I calibrated Dolby reference at -10dB on my HK. Generally though I play CD's anywhere from -20 to -30dB (some inherently recorded hotter than others) and 5.1 DVD's from -15 to -25dB.

----------------

3. lastly, (moon you might know this right off), in the osd setting of my 525 there is a setting titled "default volume" and mine is set to (-25). What is the default volume? What should it be set on? Does it make any difference? I tried to find something in the owners manual with a quick glance but came up empty handed thus i turn to the more knowledgeable for help.

----------------

I'm pretty sure that is what volume level the receiver will default to once you turn the unit on. I think I set the "CD" source for -40dB, so when someone listens to music at -20dB and then turns the receiver off, and I come in later and turn it back on, the volume should default to -40dB instead of -20dB like it was last played at. I think that is right.

Ahhh i get it now (the default volume setting that is). Good to hear that i am not the only one who likes to get this unit running hot. Also lancestorm, how do you like the 630 vs. your old 525...any noticeable differences other than the asthetic standpoint?

-Eric