SVS Been Very Good for Me

cjgeraci

Sure like to send a round of applause about the way youre stacked! I happen to be a double-cornered Ultra fan from the first batch. I like the way bottom scraping bass provides a pedestal for my Klipsch Horn Herd. -HornEd

PS: The Tom-Tom effect has allowed me to Vodhanel my bass instincts adroitly.

Thanks HornEd and Colin. Both SVS have been in different parts of the room (just love cancellation-not) and I also placed them next to each other for awhile. I did not get want I really wanted until I stacked them. I also really like how the SVS blend with my horns. Klipsch makes some very awesome subs; I just prefer my SVS.

I am a convert to stacking, and they will stay this way.

(not to mention reducing the footprint in an already audio-crowded room).

----------------

Samsung TXN3245FP, Harmon Kardon AVR 7200, Denon DVD-2900, RB75(ordered), RC7, RF3II, RC3II, SVS PB2-ISD, SVS 20-39PCi

Yamaha RX-V1300, Onkyo SKS-HT500, Axiom QS-8, HSU VTF-2

In another forum, A fellow SVS owner posted the following hilarious comment:

"Is that how the "smaller" SVSs come into the world?"

---------------

Carl.

Samsung TXN3245FP, Harmon Kardon AVR 7200, Denon DVD-2900, RB75(ordered), RC7, RF3II, RC3II, SVS PB2-ISD, SVS 20-39PCi

Ear, I have a penchant for building more systems rather than being content to add on to just one. The "old" Legend Theater is still pumping out audio for forty or so folks at a time in its own free standing 30' yurt that is entirely free of standing waves due to the hybrid fabric walls over a lattice like 2x4 frame. I did boost the power (in a CROWNing achievement) to the dual Ultra stack to 1,000 watts each.

My current project is a 6.1 all Klipschorn front and rear array (with a pair of Belles as front effects) that will use a custom designed, fully horn-loaded, subterranean subwoofer that will be dug out of very rocky soil, shaped with rebar and finished with gunite when the new pool and 250 sq. ft. hot tub is sprayed this spring or early summer. The custom six ninety degree corner room will be built atop the sub.

Your comments on design ingredients would be most welcome. Start an over-the-top... er, under-the-bottom... Powered Subwoofer thread if you like, my Canadian bass catcher friend. -HornEd

BTW, any PB2-ISD or PB2+ owners out there should not be that concerned about the integrity of their cabinets with respect to stacking. I ended up stacking my cylinder, figuring the PB2 cabinet was at least sturdy enough to handle a cylinder. For giggles, I e-mailed SVS to ask for input. Tom responded that the PB2 cabinet is thick enough and well-braced enough that it could support a multitude of cylinders on top with no problem. That's what many of us have thought, but it never hurts to hear it from them. Any dual PB2 owners should be able to stack their subs with no problem, if so desired.

------------------

Carl.

Samsung TXN3245FP, Harmon Kardon AVR 7200, Denon DVD-2900

RB75s(ordered), RC7, RFIIs, RC3II, SVS PB2-ISD, SVS 20-39PCi