Mirage sub

wheelman

The only mirage sub I've heard was an FRX-S12 about 2-3 yrs ago. It rocked for movies, but was too expensive at the time (495.00) for what I was willing to pay. It played VERY VERY lound, and went low. Bad thing was the port noise was loudas well. I have a KSW-12 I bought 3 yrs ago for 265.00 shipped and the Mirage performed btter. It could go lower, play louder, and remained more consistant throughout the frequencies, but it was in a different price class. The RW-12 is a good sub and feel it has an edge over the FRX-S12.

Actually, one of the subs I was impressed with most for clean tight bass were the dual powered 8" in each of mirages OM-5. Then again for the price of OM-5s you could get some nice Klipsch RF-"X" and and an awesome RSW/SVS.

Although i havent owned a klipsch sub yet. My mirage has the port in the front their is absolutely no port sound and it is the only sub that thwacks you in the chest with the kick drum that i have owned. Especially for heavy metal it's the only sub i owned that worked for that. It defenitly does the trick for everything else. This mirage sub isn't one of the bipolar ones it is built so you can put it in a cabinet so the port is in the front and their is no bipolar thing going on. I don't think it's the best but it's pretty good i don't think they sell them anymore. Just curious if anyone heard this model i have. A guy at soundcity told me that my sub was awesome and read great reviews on it and actually talked me out of buying the klipsch sub. That's almost unheard of from a sales person. Well not really and i never read any reviews on it. I am not saying it is better than klipsch. It may look better for my taste though. I would take an rsw 12 anyday over mine. 2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Mirage has nothing of interest now,their subwoofers are standard fare.

You want good value and performance look at Paradigm the new PW2100 and PW2200 are much more interesting.

Paradigm ha also the new Seismic 12,a real powerhouse in a small package.

Plus the classic Servo 15 and the awesome Signature sub.

What does Mirage have...NOTHING,same for PSB nothing interesting.