Artto come back!

Colin

RFinco,

I appreciate your words and it would be a lously shame if the forum lost Artto and his vast knowledge. He'll be Bach!

It seems to me:

The old line, "leave your politics and religion at the door" has been around a long time and for good reason. We all know this and it's really quite a rational request. No one's political opinion is apt to be changed on this forum and therefore there is no valid reason to antagonize other participants. I am not without guilt myself and will be very cautious in the future. Fact is, this forum means a lot to me. I'm amazed at the level of knowledge and the sincere willingness to help others. I have personally met several members and now consider them friends. Heck, one guy sent me a phono cartridge that he wasn't using. Just sent it off to me with no strings attached. Same guy went out of his way to check out some speakers for me that happened to be in his area. Wow, what can ya say?

We all have something pretty special here and we need to respect it.

----------------

On 3/22/2004 6:14:05 AM boomac wrote:

RFinco,

I appreciate your words and it would be a lously shame if the forum lost Artto and his vast knowledge. He'll be Bach!

It seems to me:

The old line, "leave your politics and religion at the door" has been around a long time and for good reason. We all know this and it's really quite a rational request. No one's political opinion is apt to be changed on this forum and therefore there is no valid reason to antagonize other participants. I am not without guilt myself and will be very cautious in the future. Fact is, this forum means a lot to me. I'm amazed at the level of knowledge and the sincere willingness to help others. I have personally met several members and now consider them friends. Heck, one guy sent me a phono cartridge that he wasn't using. Just sent it off to me with no strings attached. Same guy went out of his way to check out some speakers for me that happened to be in his area. Wow, what can ya say?

We all have something pretty special here and we need to respect it.

----------------

Boomac,

Very well said. What makes this forum more valueable to me than the others that I frequent every so often is the PASSION behind the knowledge. This passion often will lead down dark, dangerous alleys--because passion is a double edged sword--one must take the postive with the negatives to get its benifit. When you have so many knowledgeable people all with distinctive yet equally valuable opinions there will be some degree of conflict--the key is to keep this conflict positive-i.e. form NEW great ideas from 2 other ideas collideing. This is where our audio choo choo train goes off the tracks at times...

Boomac--Did I meet you at JM's house for the "open house" ?? I thought I did....

I was Damonpayne's friend that he brought along.... If not, my mistake, but thank you for the words none the less!