10.5 compared to RF3s

Just curious to know if anyone has compared these two sets of speakers. What are the differences and similiarities. Can the RC-3 be used as a center channel for the 10.5s? I am looking to upgrade my center channel ksc c1. Thanks

This message has been edited by kmijeski on 07-02-2001 at 03:56 PM

kmijeski,the RF3's are good to have if you have regular

uninvited guests,such as in-laws.You can turn on some music,turn it up really loud,and the ear piercing, shrilly,tortuous highs will run them(and all the mice for several miles)away.Otherwise,get the 10.5's.

Keith

I have a pair of 10.5s - before I bought them I did a side by side comparison with the RF-3 and found that for my ears the 10.5 was better. I think, however its a matter of personal taste. The 10.5 seemed livlier to me while the RF-3 seemed a little "muddy" by comparison. I use an RC-3 center because I couldn't find the exact match at the time.

I really love that RC-3 center.

For that matter I love all the klipsch speakers I have crammed into my living spaces.

Enjoy.

I would like to comment on Klipsch center channel speakers.I have recently tried out a KLF-C7,KSP-C6,and a KSF-C5 with my front KSP300's.Tried the C7 first for a while before buying the C-5.Sat the C-5 in place and BOOM!,great match for MY front speakers.The C-5 has pretty good bass but where it excells is in the clarity

on dialogue.Never being able to leave well enough alone

I,of course,bought a KSP-C6.Much more bass.In fact I was pretty shocked by the difference in the perceived amount of bass from this center speaker.But I also quickly noticed that the clarity of the C-5 was gone. I'm going to experiment further when I find time to finish my setup(under construction)but I would like to say that any of you fellas that have the 8.5's or the 10.5's are doing yourself an injustice by skimping on the center and surrounds and are probably not going to be happy with anything less.And no,my C-5 is not for sell.The KSF-C5 is a fine center channel speaker!

Keith

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 07-07-2001 at 11:12 AM