Can I mount Lascala drivers in Spekerlab cabinets?

tcb

I've got a friend with a pair of ev-1's ( speakerlab k-horn clones , there all the same ) Brand new klipsch k-33's in the bottom but i'm not sure how the HF is loaded.

I know he's got them for sale and asking around $900.00 .

The HF can be "made" to house just about any horn and tweeter .

I've heard these " kits " sound good and bad , depending on who built them..

TCB,

I think you've got an excellent project in front of you. The speakerlab cabs alone would be a better deal than one decked out with horns. Your LaScala parts, crossovers and all should work well in the SL cabs. It would probably take some modding on the face of the HF section to fit the K400 and K77 horns, but this is a bargain on the bass bin. I bet you'll end up with some killer sounding speakers.

"Bruce Edgar thinks the Speakerlab basshorn is a poor design that doesn't work well with any driver. He thinks it's best used as a doghouse or broken into kindling."

I think Bruce was talking about a well made pair.

Hard to tell how well made these are, other than the fact they are made out of GENUINE particle board.

----------------

On 3/24/2004 5:29:54 AM djk wrote:

"Bruce Edgar thinks the Speakerlab basshorn is a poor design that doesn't work well with any driver. He thinks it's best used as a doghouse or broken into kindling."

I think Bruce was talking about a well made pair.

Hard to tell how well made these are, other than the fact they are made out of GENUINE particle board.

----------------

Big grin broke out....