Component Cooling/Fan

OnMedic

Hey Gang,

Just looking for a little feedback here. I am building an inwall cabinet for my components and was wondering if there is a need for a cooling fan to be built into the back of the cabinet? It will be an open front (no Door) and closed back with 3" holes in the back for the cabling to pass through. I will have a receiver (Denon 3805), DVD player, possible a universal player (denon?) and a couple of satelite receivers.

Your help is apprecitated.

Thanks

OnMedic

Just make sure you have the recommended distance above and to the sides of the Denon 3805 to allow proper convection cooling, your source components should be fine if they have a little breathing room. Even the quitest cooling fans are noisy and can be heard rather easily. Stick with the manufacturer's cooling requirements and you should be fine.

Checked it out and the manual says 4" space on all sie and back. I will have 1.5" on both sides and 3" at the back. Should this be OK? The shelving is not yet in, so I am OK there can put it at whatever height I like. I beleive the Denon only has vent opening on the top of the receiver anyways!