Turned out pretty good, no?

iXtreme

I'm designing the ultimate (imo) home theater in my basement and my computer room gets some TLC too. Here are my mounts for my 4.1's. I ran electrical boxes before I put drywall on the ceiling, after the stipple was sprayed on I put standard blank covers on the boxes. I drilled holes to attach the Monster Cable mounts to the plate covers and another set of holes to accomidate the wiring. I was unsure if I should have wall mounted or ceiling mounted but I chose the ceiling in the end to get them as high up as I could. No banga' da' head on em' then. I have posted some pics... let me know what you think. Thanks alot.

post-6437-13819253614234_thumb.jpg

... here's another of both in the shot. They are about 6 ft. apart and are set just right compared to where I sit in front of them.

edit: If you look at the wall switch, the switch on the right in the double gang is an IR controlled Lutron dimmer for the wall sconces on the opposite wall. I can adjust my lighting on the fly during heavy online game play. Adjusting lighting to the darker.lighter maps is well worth the cost of the dimmer.

post-6437-13819253617134_thumb.jpg

I saw them on monster cable's web page and found them on the net for fairly cheap. Can't remember the price off hand. They are here, if you want the specs and such:

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=553

Don't buy them there as they can be found elsewhere for quite a bit cheaper. They fit the slot on the bottom of the 4.1's SO well you'd think they were custom made for it. Even the black coloring is an exact match to the speaker housings. I am so impressed with the outcome I HAD to share.

Yeah, it's a little hard to tell from the pic as the camera is not very wide in angle at all. These are in the computer room which is off the hallway that is off the hometheater. The room is 15 X 13.5 and the side you don't see has a custom built-in desk designed for two PC's and the front channels of the 4.1 it on the desk. The sub will go under the desk in the middle where I found it gets the biggest boost from the environment where it sits. The desk and HT are wired for CAT5e for the network and for the use of he HDTV receiver which apparently will have network capabilities in the future. With the strong implementation of wireless 802.11g the wiring may become nothing more than phone cable in the future :)

Here is a pic of the HT. It's not quite done yet. Ignore the sofa and exercise bike as those are both gone really soon! There are custom made cloth grilles to fit over the speaker cabinets (openings) for a seamless look (covers entire opening). I also have to add trim around the audio gear racks below the speaker cabinets. The TV opening is exactly sized for the Sony 57" HDTV widescreen I have on order. If you look at the top of the pic you can see my room length bass traps I custom made using drywall. The bottom right of the picture you can see the housing I made for the rear channel and it faces the seating area just behind where the new couch will be. What do you think? I'd like to hear your opinions.

post-6437-13819253620104_thumb.jpg

Thanks alot. I am starting on the flooring tomorrow after work. It's a maple flooring so it'll be nice and bright. I've got 600 sq. ft. of it to lay down here and then I'm going to do the upstairs too. The house is only 2 years old but I mistakenly got the cheapo carpet (didn't know it was crappy olefin berber, just took the standard issue) and am now going to put the maple in it's place. I am hoping I'll have finished pictures in about a month as I have to finish the stairs and base and a few other things but it's turning out really nicely I think. I've hired someone to lay the vinyl in the bathroom as I don't even want to attemp that. I will surely post more pics as I get through the next few steps.

• 2 weeks later...

It's still not quite done but I thought I'd post some pics of the flooring and baseboards in place. The flooring is maple hardwood and the base is well, standard white. Still have to make the grilles for the speaker openings but the audio racks were cased in white trim since this picture. Happy viewing.

post-6437-13819253622934_thumb.jpg

Hey thats pretty nifty. Did you get a contractor to do that or is it all do-ti-yourself? BTW: You gonna use bookself speakers for the mains? Them holes would be kinda small for towers. It would been neat if you took that closet type thing you have in one of your pics and had 2 smaller, shallow ones, but closer to the tv. With it angled slightly in like you have the closet you could easily hide RF-7s in them.

Very nice looking setup, iXtreme. Hopefully mine will look as nice when I get it done. Of course, have to get the house built first! Roughly 1 month till they raze the current one to start cunstruction on the new one. I had one thought when I looked at your first image, Pict0011. Have you thought about using snap bushings to surround the wire and finish off the hole in the outlet?

http://www.crowbar-electrical.com/Grommets.htm

I didn't look at thier prices, just wanted to have an image so you'd know what I was talking about. I buy em by the hundred for 7.5 cents each in up to 1/2 inch size. Can't be that much more individually, and they really add a finished look to any wire pass throughs. Just a thought.