Satelite Dish????

Thors1982

We used to have a satelite dish almost 15 years ago and it was terrible always went out very expensive blah blah blah.

Obviously technology changes, So we are talking about making the switch because I just lost my favorite channel on regular cable.

Anyways, About how much does it cost for say 4 recievers (one High Definition).

I think prices are only like $15 more a month than what I am paying now and we only get HBO and all basic channels. So that doesn't seem to be a problem, I just don't want to sign up and have to pay $1,000 to get recievers for my house.

Can anyone help me pick out a satelite company and not get screwed? Any tips on if the system goes down in bad weather as adelphia claims :-p

Just any info in general would help, I have looked at a couple satelite companys.... but I trust you guys more than them :-p

Thanks

I could mail you out a dish network card. And you could get it all for free and the receivers and they would install it for free. Plus i would get five off of my bill for a year wow! It would cost you an extra five a month for each receiver. You pretty much can't beat free and their is no hidden fees. Because i am in their stupid little club. But if you want the most high def channels look into voom. I am not sure about the high def though that would cost you. But you could get a regualar receivers for free and the recordable ones. But they cost an extra five a month to run to. I ask them about them receivers that record and they said as long as you own one it cost an extra five. So beware of that even if you don't want it later. I hear dish is the cheapest for high def though. I would recomend voom if high def was your biggest concern. I am totally thinking about getting it myself and i don't even have a high def player just so i can get the 5.1 sound on them channels and widescreen.

Actually their is a catch you need a credit card to get it. I could pm you probally all the info if you wanted. I am not going to tell you dish is better than direct tv or voom. Their all good none of them are better than each other except voom for high def has more high def channels. They pretty much balance out to be pretty even. Some like others better than others but their really isn't that much of a differnce. Dish says their the only one that guarantees a one hundred percent digital picture. But it looks the same to me when i am at my mothers house watching her direct tv.

I just got one for my mom and i am an honest person i wouldn't rip my own mother off. She got it all free two receivers installation and everything. So actually she doesn't have direct tv now. I havent seen her setup yet they said they got a better receiver than me being it's a newer version and a better dish.