SACD 5.1 speaker placement question

prodj101

I think the "official" recommendation is for the surrounds to be slightly to the rear; 110 degrees relative to the center channel. But in a long-wall set-up in an average size room, that can be impractical. Even short-wall configurations run into pesky little things like doors, furniture, etc. that complicate following the standard to the T. I wouldn't lose any sleep over having the surrounds flanking the listening spot. I think you would be in good company.1.gif

ok, my room is quite small but I've been thinking about adding 3 more RF-5's and running a 5.1 set up, and the only option would be to have them to the sides and not behind, and I've noticed on sony's set up guides they ahve them behind. thanks for the insight.

My rear Cornwalls are directly in line with your ears when you are sitting down. Just today I posted a pic in my profile so you can see how it looks. SACD's and DVD-A's sound fantastic with this setup. If that is the only place you can put your speakers I wouldn't worry at all about it.

Laters,

Jeff