looking for a sub please help

companion

I am looking for a sub for no more than 800 dollars for my bed room i currently have a pair of rf-35's and i am getting some rear surrounds for them and a center channel i also have a super audio cd player i am 14 so money is a little tight but i want somthing to impress the friends i was thinking like a 25-31 pc+ my room is fairly large 10x22 i believe it is with 8 foot ceilings i am using a dsp-a3090 soon going to get denon 2803 so please help me if you can about the sub thanks

Have you thought about a RSW-12? Those seem to be very highly recomended around here, and it would just about fit your budget. Or, if you can squeeze in a few more dollars, you can get the SVS PB2-ISD for 899+shipping. I've heard awesome things about these subs too, and they are a superb deal for the price. Either of these subs are guarenteed to impress your friends!

----------------

On 3/28/2004 2:58:38 PM companion wrote:

what about the 25-31 pc+? i heard that is a very nice sub is it rated over teh rsw-12 i know it will hit much lower

----------------

I don't think 25-31 will be big enough for the room, it's not a small one tho...... 20-39/16-46 will do a better job

I take it since you mentioned SACD you're going to be using this thing for more music than movies. I'd say the 25-31 is fine then, as it does tend to be a more musical sub. While it can't go as deep as some of its bigger brothers, its max spl is louder at higher frequencies, which is more useful for music.

it is for me to i love music have always wanted a kick *** sound system but never heard of klipsch but now i have heard of them and i can finaly have a kick *** system lol it seems like the money is twards the 25-31 pc+ but the one guy said it wont be big enough for the room do you think that is true i am down in the basement so there is concrete under the carpet if that matters at all i am a big fanatic as bass every time i hear a good sub i cant help holding back the smile specually peared with klipsch speakers please send more info thanks you all have been helpful i will get a pic on here so you can see my room in a couple days when i clean up a lil you know how it is

----------------

On 3/29/2004 12:08:08 AM companion wrote:

it is for me to i love music have always wanted a kick *** sound system but never heard of klipsch but now i have heard of them and i can finaly have a kick *** system lol it seems like the money is twards the 25-31 pc+ but the one guy said it wont be big enough for the room do you think that is true i am down in the basement so there is concrete under the carpet if that matters at all i am a big fanatic as bass every time i hear a good sub i cant help holding back the smile specually peared with klipsch speakers please send more info thanks you all have been helpful i will get a pic on here so you can see my room in a couple days when i clean up a lil you know how it is

----------------

Gee..... that's the longest unpunctuated sentence(paragraph) i've ever seen.......... talk to the Tech support of SVS, they do give you some opinions about which sub should you pick in such room size

Get them punctuated please...... I can hardly read this at 130 am 3.gif