Center shutout that didn't happen (ebay rant)

Johnny TN

Shootout ! not shutout..well maybe that too Ok I've had good luck with ebay recently...until this....

looks good in pictures, but it finally came the other day from the seller and it was a disaster. The whole thing was falling apart..broken mdf all over the place..midhorn falling out of the thing and all. Dented woofer grills.. I real POS. I dismantled it and will be testing the drivers shortly...hoping they work. Will be building my own cabinet in time I guess. Be glad you didn't outbid me on this one. (item #3084727617) rat seller...

looks like I'll be using the academy a little longer.

-J

John,

I looked at the description on the AD, and it states clearly that the Cabinet is in Excellent condition......

I am sorry you got taken on this, but are you going to attempt to get your money back from the Seller on this?

He really needs to be reported to Ebay-but I fully understand if you don't want the Hassle........... Best of Luck.

Go after the guy with everything you've got. He reminds me of a guy at work who got another nice guy to go to his place to trim some tree limbs. Promised the guy a space heater he knew didn't work. Then had the gall to actually sit there and brag how he got someone to do all of that work for nothing.

I'd hate to think the guy who took you is bragging about it. Make him think twice next time. I've only used ebay once but guys like that will ruin it for everyone else and not feel a twinge of guilt. Just my $.02

Well he says it was not that way before shipping...supposedly he insured it for $500..I actually want all the contents..drivers, crossovers etc...I'm just out the box and fabrication. Not sure what is going to happen..he is talking to UPS now.. I guess I should talk to UPS myself as well...

-J