This forum is dying

Erukian

Ahh! I dunno if I should get BF Vietnam, a new soundcard, or break bad and get a decoder. Right now the only option is a Creative one and it's expensive. I guess I will get BFV and wait and see what Klipsch rolls out.

Amy, just answer us this.12.gif Will it be worth the wait or would it probably be too long?9.gif

If they are in R&D I don't think I can wait that long! Sounds like they are from the tone of the post. But I can't put words in anyone's mouths.

----------------

On 3/31/2004 11:53:59 PM GONZ0 wrote:

Ahh! I dunno if I should get BF Vietnam, a new soundcard, or break bad and get a decoder. Right now the only option is a Creative one and it's expensive. I guess I will get BFV and wait and see what Klipsch rolls out.

Amy, just answer us this.
12.gif
Will it be worth the wait or would it probably be too long?
9.gif

If they are in R&D I don't think I can wait that long! Sounds like they are from the tone of the post. But I can't put words in anyone's mouths.

----------------

If Klipsch does indeed release a new decoder, don't expect it to be on the cheap.

Gonzo, pick up that TBSC or an Audigy2 OEM off newegg! :) Both are under 70, the TBSC OEM is like 45 or something right?

That soundstorm is killing you and you don't know it.. if you did then you wouldnt hesitate spending whatever money you can get asap on getting a way better one.

• Moderators

I am researching this project, so there is no one else to call!

I cannot give you a time yet. There has been no quotes, ETA's, approvals, etc etc at this time. It would be very irresponsible of me to guess. As things firm up, I'll be able to tell you more.

The biggest problem in terms of the sound card is I want to be able to hook up my XBOX and other future consoles to my Ultras, preferably with my PC not having to be running or better yet, not present if I desire.

I think the higher end Audigys let you use an external device w/o the soundcard but even on ebay they are around $145. The Catalina has optical inputs but I believe they won't decode and are just for recording.

Thus the appeal of a decoder. Plus BF Vietnam is calling my name (any my wallet's) at the moment.

As far as a Klipsch decoder if I could get a good deal on a DD 5.1 that would be great, but it sounds like the newer deocoder will take to long to come out.

And Amy, I appreciate the speculation on the price. Info is good. 1.gif