First Klipsch Purchase: possibly RF-35's BI-WIRE???

Hello again folks!

Lately I have posted a couple questions regarding the Heritage line and there WAF discussion.

I have come to realize I really cannot make enough space for something like Cornwalls or Lascalas. So. this weekend we are going to listen to a pair of RF-35's at New England Hi-Fi here in Maine, and whatever else they have on the floor.

They want 849$ and they come w/ some monster cable. Buying online would be a bad idea I guess; 100$ cheaper but no warranty etc.

Any opinions on bi-wiring these? Since they would come with speaker cable, I am interested in trying to to bi-wire them by getting some Belden CC89259 from Alexcable or make some myself.

Opinions anyone?

keep tuckin' 10.gif

DC

I don't own RF-35's, but I do have RF-3's and RF-7's. I have them both running bi-wire. Does it make a substantial difference? No. Probably the easiest "tweak" for any of these speakers would be to remove the crappy brass connectors on the speaker terminals, and replace them with good quality wire.

You don't mention the upstream electronics, but these speakers much prefer clean amplification. Select your amps with care, and you will likely have great results w/o worrying about bi-wiring.

Okay....good advice.

I will be using a Inmanized Sherwood S-5000 that has been a "picky beast" but it runs quiet adn sounds great. We'll see how it gels with the RF-35 if sound good this weekend; maybe they will let me take them home or something, I don't know?

Anyone know a general break-in time for these speakers?

Jon

This is probably too late since you are looking at RF 35's and were considering Heritage line but did you look at the Heresys? They are a fairly small package and deliver quite a bit of sound. I am not trying to persuade you but its an option. They are available used all over the Internet for $400/pr range. A used set of Heritage speakers is not a bad thing.