Speakerlab crossover

drewb

I have finally gone all tube and have noticed that something isn't quite right with my kluged crossovers. I built stock Speakerlab Khorns in 1985. They are all ferrite cooled Speakerlab speakers. I built my own crossovers from suggested values supplied with the speaker specs.

I am interested in what the Speakerlab crossover design was. I know many of you are familar with this clone and have posted many other crossover schematics.

Any input on this and possible mods would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long to find this. It was misplaced and found, recently, while looking for something else.

The attached is a schematic given to me years ago by a builder of the SpeakerLab cornerhorn.

I know there was at least one other model crossover which used a switched resistor setup. Attenuation was adjusted by three position toggle switches.

At one point, Speakerlab was selling tweeter somewhat like the T-35 and K-77 in form. Probably molded plastic. There was also an economy tweeter which looked very much less sophisticated.

My good brother in law has the less sophisticated tweeter and the switched attenuation crossover. There was no schematic supplied for his crossover. The more sophisticated tweeter was an option. The cutting plans indicate both model tweeters mounted long axis vertical at the side of the midrange horn.

The bottom line is that the attached is one form of crossover. There might have been others.

The attachment uses up my sixth and last upload slot. So if you have any interest please download it. I'll have to do some weeding in the near future.

Edit and PS. I see this schematic references SpeakerLab's 3500 series tweeter. This may well have been the variation on the T-35. Please note, also, the variations on woofer voice coil resistance.

For the sake of completeness, my brother in law's midrange drivers look a lot like an Atlas unit.

Drewb, what tweeter do you have?

Gil

This message has been edited by William F. Gil McDermott on 08-14-2001 at 07:28 PM