Mounting an RC7

Skidmarks

Hey guys , I was wondering if anyone had a link or advice on where i might find a custom mount for my RC7 above the DLP. At 45lbs its a bit to heavy to put on the Sammy. I have it on the ower glass shelf now , but it looks to be sagging a little , and that cant be good. I was gonna build something, but would rather just purchase a shelf for that purpose, if there is such a thing?

Thx SKID

----------------

On 3/31/2004 3:54:42 PM Skidmarks wrote:

Hey guys , I was wondering if anyone had a link or advice on where i might find a custom mount for my RC7 above the DLP. At 45lbs its a bit to heavy to put on the Sammy. I have it on the ower glass shelf now , but it looks to be sagging a little , and that cant be good. I was gonna build something, but would rather just purchase a shelf for that purpose, if there is such a thing?

Thx SKID

----------------

Above the DLP? Whats a DLP? Your projector? Whats a Sammy? Samsung? So is it safe to assume you have a samsung rear projection TV?

Can you provide pics? Just tryhing to visualize what your issue is. 1.gif

make a shelf.....

Nail a 2x4 on side to the wall into studs....about say...24 inches long or so...

then on top...nail a 1x8 MDF board.....

Then on bottom...nail a 1x4 MDF board....

then install some crown molding from 1x4 to 1x8 and wrap end....

set nails...caulk...sand a bit...and paint your room trim color..and ya done...

It looks like a floating shelf and is strong as anything....

Yes Samaung HLN507W sorry , and no I am not using the sam. stand , I went with a Bello with a cherry wood that matches the Klipsch cherry.

The shelf sounds like a winner, I like the idea of it floating, but the RC7 is nearly 12 " deep so I will need the 1x12 if I go that way.

Hell I almost bought a wall mount TV swivel stand , it would have worked.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Oh yeah Blue Monk..The stand I bought was rated at 50LBs capacity per shelf.

I believe the RC7 is 45.5LBs so it does hold the speaker, but it looks like the glass is sagging, and that cant be good.

You will not be able to fit your center on the Samsung stand .

Might want to make the shelve 18" deep to give the rear ports some room to breathe...

If so...find the crown molding you prefer...and then measure the offset so you can get the correct bottom board..Offset is the distance the molding goes in from the top mounting surface...you mayhave to rip a board

it should look like this from side view....

UP

Wall ______________

Wall /

Wall ________/

Good luck and do show pics.....

PS here is link to a site to detail how to make shelf:

http://www.compoundmiter.com/crown_shelves.html

His do not come out as far so his crown molding hugs the wall....but it may help

Skid --

Good luck with the shelf. I am sure you are loving that TV. A couple of friends have them and I planned to purchase the 56" in a couple months with my bonus. But the center channel placement may be a deal breaker. Could I remove the shelf and get the RC7 in there? I have no way to put in a shelf or mount anything since the wall behind my TV is about 5 ft tall.

Thanks!

LOL Scott, I was just wondering if you are a Boston "Bruins" fan?

And I just got back from home depot and was looking at the TV wall mounts LOL...yes looks good thanks...(why didnt my picture open in the post?)

Blue Monk....have you made up your mind to get that samsung stand?

In my opinion for the price there is so much better out there. If not go to Bello .com check out some of there stands...I paid about $100 more for this stand than the Sammy stand..but it is Cherry and has the wire system .

• 2 months later...