Setting the delay

wheelman

Ok setting my delay on my receiver used to be easy. I had the feet to punch in and that was it. Now i have an older receiver and i have 15-25 ms of delay or something. I read awhile back that higher for closer distance to the speakers. Is this right? What would be a good setting if you had your fronts about 9 foot from you, and your center 8 foot. The surrounds are about 7 foot from the middle of the couch to the surrounds which are to the sides pointing forward. So i guess the surrounds are about 8 to 10 foot to the mains.

Thanks. And wrenchpeddler your yamaha said a milisecond of delay for a foot? It does seem like mine sounded better lower. I watched the movie rush last night about the undercover druggies, and i would switch it to see what sounded better on different scenes. My speakers are pretty close to me to. The problem is my delay only goes down so low for prologic. It will go down alot lower for dolby digital. So regular tv won't be as accurate.