RF3s delivered, many broken grille pins

jephdood

Came from New Joizy.. thankfully the finish is flawless and the cones are in really good shape as well. They weren't double-boxed, though, so 5 pins broke off from the left grille and three from the right.

Does anyone know how much (approx) replacement grilles might be for these? And, how long does Klipsch continue to provide replacements for discontinued models?

I thought about trying the superglue thing (found most of the pins scattered in the box) or maybe screws.. Any other ideas?

What happen to the ones up in Bellingham? That deal didn't out for you? I'm guessing these RF3's you got are used? If so did the seller tell you they were broken? If they are new, why don't you simply call the dealer and tell him about the broken grills?

m00n..

The deal in Bellingham fell through. I guess he was waiting on another speaker deal and that guy backed out. So he said he's going to keep his RFs for now.

There is another pair in Everett, though, that I've got my eye on. That'll give me RF3s all around. 9.gif

The main things I was concerned about were the cones and the cabinet/finish and both are really nice. I almost expected broken grilles given how many people I've heard complain how easily they can snap off.