You Tube Heads Are Stuck With Me Now!

thebes

Thanks to your encouragement and suggestions, I just picked up a Fisher 500c on Ebay for less then two bills. Now I'm a tube head without a clue. Guy on ebay says it works, he ran it for an hour but the knobs are scratchy.

Ok. First step what do I do when I get it out of the box. From noodeling around this forum and the aa forum people are suggesting that some stuff should probably be replaced right away. Your thoughts. Oh yes, electricty and me do not get along and I have no variacs, voltmeters or any of that other wierd stuff you guys are always talking about. Having recently bought a ss receiver, sub, and new speakers I'm running out of dough so keep that in mind.

I will be using this for a two speaker only system coupled to Kg 5.2'2 and a cd player only. Local radio (Washington, DC) sucks and no desire to head off the the land of tape players and vinyl.

Don't want to inadvertantly mess up my new baby so suggestions are more then welcome. Thanks.

When you get it send me a email and I'll walk you right through what you should do to give it a listen. You should stop by your local radio shack and pickup a can a "Tuner Cleaner" before the receiver arrives. If the seller just listened to it for a hour the damage is already done so you might just as well see if you like it before you spend any cheese getting it rebuilt.

Craig

www.nosvlaves.com