A moving experience...

Darren

Just watched "We Were Soldiers" again last night. Wow - if you haven't seen it, or haven't seen in for a while, watch it. Incredible movie, and amazing sound. My wife even stopped the movie after the "broken arrow" segment and said 'did you hear that? Even with all the effects from the explosions, you can still hear the planes trailing off after they dropped their bombs'. Amazing sound mix, and Klipsch definitely does it justice! By the way, how cool is my wife - it was her night to pick a movie and she comes through with that! 16.gif

I haven't watched this movie in a while, but remember it as being very moving emotionally when I did see it. If I remember correctly, Gibson & Elliott's unit was the 7TH Calvary, which was Custer's unit. There was one scene in the movie with I believe Sam Elliott standing and firing in the thick of the battle. It looked like a tribute to the old Errol Flynn movie, "They Died With Their Boots On" circa 1942, which was about Custer & the 7TH Calvary at the Battle of Little Big Horn. I thought it was a nice tribute to a previous era in movie-making.

What an outstanding show - mind you, I did NOT see it on DVD but caught it on satellite (have been seriously considering purchase). This is one that really draws you in, like a number of recent war-theme movies. Awesome visuals, wonderful sound effects, and explicit realism, not to mention the emotional charge which typically accompanies the theme. Oh yeah - listening to it through my Klipsch Forte fronts and KG rears helped a bit....9.gif

Popbumper