Anyone Have comments on Voom?

JewishAMerPrince

----------------

On 4/14/2004 9:46:23 AM ygmn wrote:

Hey...DISHNETWORK has squat too for HD channels...

HDNET

HDNET movies

ESPNHD

dicsovery HD

HBO HD

SHO HD

Pay per view stuf...

AVMAN...what other channels do they have?

Not counting locals...which I need neither to get as I get them OTA

----------------

11.gif not enough channels11.gif not enough channels11.gif

AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

when i am watching any ONE of the channels i AM getting, it is AWESOME!!

ygmn-

local to us,O.T.A.:

cbs

abc

nbc

upn(haven't seen h.d.)

wb(haven't seen h.d.)

whno(religious)not h.d. afaik

fox(i haven't seen any video)

now while the rest of you 'WAIT' for more h.d. channels, i have seen two rose bowl parades,the sugar bowl,the SUPERBOWL (MAN!what a party THAT was!!),college football,Monday night football,countless CSI and CSI Miami,Law and Order,and other network primetime shows and countless Discovery H.D.Theater episodes,LOTR,Deep Blue Sea,(too many good movies in H.D. to list)....

keep on waiting and complaining-

I AM WATCHING H.D. NOW!!

avman.1.gif

• 1 month later...

I had Voom installed today. Let me tell you that the PQ is awsome. I am waiting for the update to make things work faster. I should get it tonight. So many hd channels. They also installed a 50 element wingard antenna for locals. I can't get cbs so I called them and they are going to install a pre amp and amp. All this for free. Well worth it.

So far I am very happy with the service and the people are great. Take a look at them well worth the money.

Figure I would give a update.

thanks,EZ

what kind of video display are you using,and can't you see a difference between true hd channels and the up-converted ones?

i see differences from program content(ie:different movies or locations)on the same channel-with the shows i am comparing all being true hd.

one last ? are they broadcasting in 1080i on some channels and 720p on others?

thanks,

avman.

----------------

On 5/25/2004 10:22:29 AM avman wrote:

thanks,EZ

what kind of video display are you using,and can't you see a difference between true hd channels and the up-converted ones?

i see differences from program content(ie:different movies or locations)on the same channel-with the shows i am comparing all being true hd.

one last ? are they broadcasting in 1080i on some channels and 720p on others?

thanks,

avman.

----------------

I am using a Hitachi 57". I can see the differnce between old movies up converted and true hd shows that were shot with hd camaras. The upconverted ones are so much better than normal tv picture. They look like good dvd picture.

All of the programing is in 1080i except some of my locals. They have less compression and you can see it on the shows that use HD camaras. I was watching trading spaces this morning and it is a much better picture than directv's trading spaces.

I received the update last night and the channel changing is as fast if not faster then Directv. There SD channels aren't bad either. They are as good as directv.

----------------

On 4/15/2004 12:57:32 PM avman wrote:

ygmn-

wb(haven't seen h.d.)

I AM WATCHING H.D. NOW!!

avman.
1.gif

----------------

AVMAN -

Try "The Help" at 8:30 on Friday nights on WB. It's in HD, and it's hilarious!

Dave

thanks,dave.

i just did a digital channel scan sunday or monday night,and got fox8 (they had 9 o'clock news on)also picked up upn(i don't always get that ch.)

also--something wierd: it was either 51 or 52,and when i tuned it in it gave me .1/.2/.3/.4 but no signal strength,no video,no audio.

i also got some additional 'religious programming' channels(other than WHNO)

btw-looks like you have been shopping at A. audio...come by and see ME sometime2.gif1.gif

avman.

----------------

On 5/26/2004 2:15:39 PM avman wrote:

thanks,dave.

i just did a digital channel scan sunday or monday night,and got fox8 (they had 9 o'clock news on)also picked up upn(i don't always get that ch.)

also--something wierd: it was either 51 or 52,and when i tuned it in it gave me .1/.2/.3/.4 but no signal strength,no video,no audio.

i also got some additional 'religious programming' channels(other than WHNO)

btw-looks like you have been shopping at A. audio...come by and see ME sometime
2.gif1.gif

avman.

----------------

49.1 .2 .3 .4 the local New Orleans PAX channel...the first 2 have normal programming...the last 2 have religious shows.....

Scanned for it last night....lots of older shows.....not HD.....

7.gif