Cornwall Identity Help

I saw an ad last week in a small paper that said "For Sale: Pair of Cornwall Clips....$50 each". I drove about 20 miles to see them. They were hanging on the fella's garage wall. He said he bought them out of a bar several years ago. Said they were about 30 years old. One had several coats of paint on it and the other had been partially stripped to be refinished. The gentleman said he had replaced one of the woofers, but had the original one still in a box (needs recone). Which he gave me too. The serial numbers are 1H753 and 1H754. The Model Number is CHR15. The tweeter is K77 and the midrange horn is K-55-V. The woofer is K-33-P with a square magnet. The crossover is type "B?". Can't see it that well. The grilles appear to be original (cane?) but one needs replacing and both are dirty. The cabinets (other than needing refinishing aren't bad). All of the "damping" material appears to be intact. There is a label on the back of both speakers indicating that indicates "two" UP directions. Seems as though they can be placed on their "side" or "end". I am not an audio enthusiast but they sound great. My only other Klipsch experience is a pair of Tangent 50's that I gave $40 for the pair. What should I do with these? Leave "as-is", refinish, part out or "restore"? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please take it easy on me as I am new to this forum. 1.gif1.gif

Made in 1969(H in the serial number). You have the find/steal of the week. THey are indeed made to be laid on their side or up on their end. I am not sure what wood is under the paint. C in the model is for Cornwall, H is for the wood used, and R is for the finish which in your case was Raw/unfinished. These are a great pair. If you look at them they should be mirror images. The horns will be on opposite sides of each speaker. While I don't know what the wood is, I would refinish them and enjoy them if they were mine. If they are not "special" to you, I am sure there is someone here that will be glad to pad your pocket and take them off your hands. Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Post pictures if at all possible.