aragon?acurus?McIntosh?Bang for Buck(used)

Question, Ihave experienced a large difference in reproducion graduating to a KLIPSCH model, but after reading replies to HOW MUCH POWER, more isn't necessarily better. So better watts do come from these manfacturers? will keep eyes open and wallet closed until that someday another dream purchase might be had. We purchased a McIntosh 1900 receiver at an estate sale for $50.00 w/out cabinet but they threw in a Benjamin Miracord Elac series 10 tt and a dual well cassette that I later gave away. The FM section in the unit did not function so a trip to the shop was necessary. Haven't hooked up. other than MAC, Acurus and Arogon, other amps to consider??? thanks, robert p.

The Mac amps are hunks of junk - that is the only reason why people all over the globe have been collecting them for decades - better send that thing my way and get yourself a really good amp, like say a 3 lB. Pioneer, yeah, that's the ticket Smile.gif

I do not know that model personally, but I would be very surprised if it is not a great peice of equipment at the price - the Miracord is also another collector's peice of history - if it works, don't sell either one ...