TV connections

Hard 21

What special input/outputs have to be available on a TV for one to run a 5.1 R35 or R7 system? That includes a DVD/VCR, Receiver (maybe pre/pro & amp), Playstation 2, and CD player. I have about a 25 inch RCA TV (approx. 3 yrs old). All I know about it is that it has the inputs for a DVD player that not all TV's have.

----------------

On 4/13/2004 9:33:15 AM Hard 21 wrote:

What special input/outputs have to be available on a TV for one to run a 5.1 R35 or R7 system? That includes a DVD/VCR, Receiver (maybe pre/pro & amp), Playstation 2, and CD player. I have about a 25 inch RCA TV (approx. 3 yrs old). All I know about it is that it has the inputs for a DVD player that not all TV's have.

----------------

Depends on how you wire.....

But you would need input for each device ya wanna hook up to it...

DVD player...I prefer component video but at least Svideo

PLaystation 2 see DVD

VCR S video at best...but RCA video at least...

All AUDIO hooh ups go to the receiver....no sense in going to TV with them....

ORRRRRRr

you can run video signals to receiver and then one interconnect from reciever to TV.....and let Reciever switch the source for TV....

Any 5.1 surround system using the speakers that you mentioned will require the use of a Audio/Video Receiver, Pre-Amp, or DVD player that can decode Dolby Digital and/or DTS signals. The TV is simply the display device for the video. As mentioned above there are lots of different ways to connect the video to your TV.

So the short answer to your question is that there are no special inputs required on your TV for 5.1 sound. All of the processing and amplifcation will be handled elsewhere.

Laters,

Jeff