Best place/price on RF-7s shipped?

texas42

I've been contemplating a purchase of these versus a Heritage pair of Chorus. Unfortunately, the dealer in my area wants full markup. Are their any internet dealers that would offer a more 'competitive' price? I would also consider a nice used or demo pair. Any ideas/thoughts appreciated. I already have the RC-7.

----------------

On 4/17/2004 10:47:53 AM texas42 wrote:

I've been contemplating a purchase of these versus a Heritage pair of Chorus. Unfortunately, the dealer in my area wants full markup. Are their any internet dealers that would offer a more 'competitive' price? I would also consider a nice used or demo pair. Any ideas/thoughts appreciated. I already have the RC-7.

----------------

Just so you know...

Klipsch just went after a bunch of internet based dealers who were selling product unauthorized (read cheap). They have all been shut down. Dealers are very aware of this. Unless Klipsch gives their permission or you are willing to drive to another dealer's showroom, they will probably not sell to you. We are all in business to make money and if they are smart, the local guys should want to keep your business. Your best bet is to call them back and speak with the manager or the owner. Let them know you intend to make a drive and buy it from somebody else and ask them if they will accept a FAIR offer. Let the local guy (who is obviously sensible enough to sell Klipsch) make some money and be reasonable about things. The guys who call and tell me they will buy current hot product if I will sell it for 40% off hear "click".

Kevin Enderle

The Sound Broker

Authorized Klipsch Dealer

Oxnard, CA

I can understand you not wanting to pay list price for them, but think twice about having them shipped. I've told this story many times, the first two pair of RF-7's I brought home were damaged. Luckily my authorized dealer was only 2 miles down the road. What a hassle it would have been to have to pack them up for shipment back twice.

I just bought some electronics over the net from an authorized dealer and have had hum problems I couldn't cure. Spent alot on long distance phone calls with "trouble shooting" before the dealer gave me the authorization to send it all back. Had they been local I could have thrown it all back in the car and grabbed the salesman by his scrawny neck 11.gif and saved myself alot of time and hassle. I'll never buy expensive HT components over the net again.

Is there an Ultimate Electronics store near you? I purchased mine through them, they're an authorized Klipsch dealer, and was able to get them for 1400 plus tax. They were delivered flawlessly and have absolutely no blemishes whatsoever.

Just my 2 cents involving my RF-7 purchase.

I contacted one about an hour away and they said the absolute lowest they would go is $1600 plus tax. Wish your salesman was here...

----------------

On 4/18/2004 1:17:28 PM bchild311 wrote:

Is there an Ultimate Electronics store near you? I purchased mine through them, they're an authorized Klipsch dealer, and was able to get them for 1400 plus tax. They were delivered flawlessly and have absolutely no blemishes whatsoever.

Just my 2 cents involving my RF-7 purchase.

----------------

10.gif10.gif10.gif