Thanks y'all.....

Just wanted to thank a bunch of you for providing a lot of good insight on Klipsch products particularly info on the Cornwalls, which I recently parted with after a 2 year love affair.

The Cornwall 2s were my first entree into high efficiency speakers with my tube amps, and I learned a lot in that time.

If I had either 1) a bigger listening room to allow then to really breath and work at their best, or 2) a higher WAF that would let me place them in a bigger room in the house - I probably would have kept these much, much longer.

I have gone the way of a full-range, single-driver design called the HDT(High Definition Tower) by Steve Deckert at http://www.decware.com

Steve has done a great custom mod on the Fostex 206E 8" driver, built in a cabinet of his own design that is just the ticket in my 12'x13' music room. They are slightly less efficient than the Cornwalls (96db), but that is no issue here. They can much louder than i listen 90% of the time.

His mods to the drivers themselves eliminate the "shout" sometimes associated with single-driver designs, and the cabinet design itself is quite unique and produces incredibly tight and natural bass, which is sometimes missing from designs with these drivers as well.

They are still breaking in and blooming more each day, but right out of the box I could tell they were going to be staying for a long while. The imaging is breathtaking and height, width, and depth of the soundstage are amazing. They are resolving greater detail than the Cornwalls and reproducing more accurate timbre of instruments than I ever seemed to be able to get from the Cornwalls. Not that the Cornwalls weren't capable, like I said, my room was more of a limitation to the Cornwalls capabilities than the speakers themselves.

I hope terry, the new and 3rd owner of the Cornwalls, enjoys them as much as I did. Nice to be able to pass them along to another owner who will get many more years of enjoyment out of them.

Again, thanks for the insight, advice, and good humor.

I'm sure I'll pop in now and again to pick up some tidbits :)

Don't ever decide to leave because you're Cornwall-less...please stick around and keep us informed on your new HDTs. I've always been fascinated with lowthers (the Voigt Pipes in particular), and may someday own a pair. But I'm forever keeping my Cornwalls (been in the family since '79) since I don't have to worry about the WAF. My small room (12 x 13.5 x 8) is a problem though, and eventually I'll move my system to my formal living room. Can't wait to hear my Cornwalls through the 300B SET I have coming...my 6SN7 SRPP line stage pre really changed the sonic character of these Klipsch for the better, so I'm anxious to be totally tubed!

Good luck with the HDTs.