Looking for HK 7200 users to help me out....

endover

This didn't get much response on the Home Theater forum so I thought I'd try it over here.....

For all you HK 7200 users..... (and I saw that Fish had a bad experience with his which is too bad).

I called HK and the closest 7200 is 250 miles from me....in other words, if I buy it, it's going to be a cold purchase(having never heard or been able to play with one) 'cause that's too dang far to drive!

Is it worth the risk to get one from J&R or Onecall? I generally listen to my movies fairly loud and my music somewhere in the "middle to low" volumes which is where my old Onkyo looses its warmth and things tend to sound 2 dimensional. It's just not making use of my Chorus II's lower end capability at lower volumes.....

Whaddayathink folks?

I own a HK avr225 and love it. The 7200 is even better. I know at least 2 people who own them and they won't shut up about how much they like the 7200. They are also a great deal right now at onecall, $839. I am sure you might be able to talk them down a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

To sum it up, gobs of power. I think Sound and Vision measured one at around 190 (high current) watts in stereo mode. Big is another way to describe it, at around 60 lbs. It is also very deep. I wouldn't recommend putting it in an enclosed rack as it gets rather warm. The best thing however is the sound. With the intro of the 7300 pending, you can get one for less than half of m.s.r.p. You can download the owners manual at there web site if you want more details. I really enjoy mine. Carl

If the 7200 is the way to go you could probably find a refurb unit factory direct form HK for less than $700 with a two year warranty. My avr 8000 has "issues" at the moment but the folks at Harman have been completely wonderful and are going to replace it -- I would still buy a unit from them in a heartbeat.