Help!!

hotpursuit

I am looking to finally add a center channel to my set up but I don't know which to buy. I have a pair of KG 5.5 up front and KSB 3.1 in the back. I have heard that you need to try and keep in the same series when looking to add the center channel. I don't mind buying the center used I just want to do it right.

Personally, of the ones I have heard, I like a KLF C-7 sine 5.5 are close to Legends in their sound... but they are harder to come by these days. So, next I would chose an RC-3 with its tapered array.

The Klipsch minions on this board will likely recommend the new RC-7... and from what they say I will be in so much bliss that I would forget my mother... but somehow we in San Francisco have yet to be blessed with a local authorized dealer who will give us a taste in their sound room. cwm14.gif

Good luck. HornEd

------------------

"A Klipsch Powered 6.1+2 Where Legends Live!"

Front Sound Stage:

KLF 30 Center, KLF 30 Mains, KLF 10 Front Effects

Background Sound Stage:

KLF 30 L&R Side/Surrounds, KLF 30 Center Rear Effects

Large Mouth Bass:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra / Samson 1000 Subwoofer

Speaker Support Systems:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweakin' On!

Cornwall II Music Room Under Construction

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-07-2001 at 05:01 PM

hotpursuit,

Please DO NOT get an RC-3. For the 5.5 you have many better options. C7 seems to be the best for overall room filling sound, but a KV3 or KG 2.5 or KG2.2 will also do the trick, especially if you don't want the cost and size associated with the C-7.

Read many other posts on this topic located on this board. It's been a heated debate.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

No heat involved.The KG5.5's preceeded the Legends and for all practical purposes the 5.5's and the KLF10's are near twins.The perfect center for the 5.5's is another 5.5.Otherwise you'll have to compromise and take what you can get.The KLF-C7 will work perfectly and you won't give up much.There are plenty C7's still available so choke up the cash and get one.If you can't find one PM me and I'll find you one.If you don't want to pay for the C7 you may as well sell your 5.5's and go to Wal-Mart and get an Emerson stereo system.You'll probably be just as happy with that.Good luck with the hotpursuit.

Keith