Which rears to match KLF30 and C7??

gedwyn@mpinet.net

Paul, from personal experience, there is no side surround or rear effects speaker to match KLF 30 mains in a 6.1 system than more KLF 30's. I tried using KLF 10's and various current Klipsch speakers (as the ones on your list)... but the Legends, particularly the 30's, have a distinctive tone and timbre that do not easily mesh with other speakers... except, perhaps, Cornwalls, etc. In fact, I have even gone to the length of creating a custom center channel by "horizontalizing" a KLF 30 to sit upon a 65" RPHD Mitsubishi.

Granted, the room needs to be at least 14' x 23' or so... but the effect is breathtaking... particularly with Legends for front effects and a premier subwoofer. Preserve the Legends... your ears will thank you for years to come! cwm32.gif HornEd

------------------

"A Klipsch Powered HT Where Legends Live!"

Front Sound Stage:

KLF 30 Center, KLF 30 Mains, KLF 10 Front Effects

Background Sound Stage:

KLF 30 L&R Side/Surrounds, KLF 30 Rear Effects

Large Mouth Bass:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra / Samson 1000 Subwoofer

Speaker Support Systems:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweakin' On!

Cornwall II Music Room Under Construction

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-07-2001 at 11:09 PM

I would love another pair of KLF30's too but here is the problem!

1) I do not have $1,200

2) Not enough room even if I did.

3) have to have ceiling mount.

I can get the RS3 for like $200 which is why it seemed like a great alternative.

By the way I have a RX3000 as well.

------------------

Paul Graber

gedwyn@mpinet.net

Paul,what about a pair of Klipsch KSP-S6's.Check with the same place you're going to call about the IW250.

They HAD some,but I bought most of them.Check anyway,and if you have no luck PM me. Eyes.gif

Keith

I have a pair of black KSP-S6s (only a year and a half old) right now that I use as my surrounds, and well, I can tell you right off the bat that i know i'd be happier with another pair of KLF-20s. I'm honestly thinking of getting rid of the S6s in favor for the 20s, if of course i can get good offers for it- I'm greedy haha Wink.gif The problem is convincing my parents to let me put another set of towers in my room Smile.gif

Also, HornEd, what was it that you didn't like about the KLF-C7? To my ears it seems to match just fine, but i'm probably wrong. Just curious

JHoff80, I have a high regard for the KLF C-7... and I got mine after a day long trip... it replaced an RC3 which is also a tapered array speaker (C-7 is not). But, the lure of a tweak to better match tone and timbre... plus the availability of an extra KLF 30 and KLF 10 gave me the opportunity. There were a couple of KLF 10's already converted successfully to center duty... so I leaned toward blazing a new trail with the matching KLF 30. The clincher was that my local authorized dealer elected not to display the RC7 that sits still boxed in their storage area. cwm36.gif

So, I plotted out a template for a new motor board for the spare KLF 30 and sent it to my son in San Antonio for fabrication. The lure of course is to have a 6.1 system with KLF 30's in each key location. If it fails, I will rebuild the KLF 30 in its original condition and put it to work as a 7.1 system with the KLF C-7 back at center.

I don't like being "held up" for a 50% deposit of MSRP just to get a RC7 demo... but, who knows, if it sounds as good as the Klipsch minions do in talking about it... it may well take the center spot above the Mitsu RPHD 65" with the new Reference set I had intended to try.

The KSW-15 up front is a similar story... it's pulled its weight as advertised... but the tweak of putting

Twin SVS CS-Ultra tubes powered by a dead-quiet Samson megawatt amp into the first octave is just too much fun not to try. Hey, I may be old enough to enjoy collecting Social Security... but I am not dead! cwm35.gif

I just believe that the two key speakers in an HT set up are not the mains... they are a quality sub and a quality center... and that the more closely the six speakers match in a 6.1 rig (providing you have the physical space), the better the result. HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-09-2001 at 12:26 AM