Audiogon...Audioweb...EBay Question

JJJeffries

I have always owned SS. I have finally decided to enter the world of tube power amps. I am overwhelmed at all the different tube amp manufacturers. I have fine Heresy 2s and am looking for either a $1k new amp or anything there and down used.

What companies should I be looking for and why? I have an Adcom 555 11 Pre and also a Creek passive Pre. Best amp for the Adcom? The Creek will work with anything.

Thank You in advance. My eyes are quite tired from reading all the online sites.

Best,

Craig

I appreciate your comments. I can always use the Creek OBH-10 passive pre for now and purchase the tube power amp. I can sell the Adcom and when I get more monies I can invest in a tube pre as well.

What tube power amp names should I be looking for?

Best,

Craig

You really can't go wrong with a Jolida 302b or a Cayan 30 in the $1000 range. Both are EL_34 amps with enough power to drive your Heresys to whatever volume you like. Use your Creek from the CD player to keep from overdriving the front end of the amps even though they are "integrated" amps.

There are many good used amps in the $1K range or less like this one with a nice WAF:

1082734918.jpg

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstube&1087918970

Rick

post-12829-1381925419002_thumb.jpg