klipsch LLC gets serious!

jdm56

It will be fun to see if other retailers follow suit.

I said this on another post, but is this a sign that Klipsch is doing well financially? If they are going out and cutting business ties, and loosing product shipments, it might say something about how the company is doing.

ALSO, B&M dealers will probably smile upon this. It would make it so if 'Bob' wanted to buy some RF-7's, he would have to show up at a dealer, and that dealer would NOT be competing with the internet, and at the worst, have to knock some cash off to price match with another B&M. Maybe we will see more Klipsch dealers!

Trey or other Klipsch people, I would love to hear some input!

----------------

On 4/26/2004 4:28:10 PM kenratboy wrote:

I said this on another post, but is this a sign that Klipsch is doing well financially? If they are going out and cutting business ties, and loosing product shipments, it might say something about how the company is doing.

----------------

I think there are many signs that Klipsch is doing very well financially. Just look at how rapidly their line is expanding. We have the new THX Ultra system coming out, the high end HTIB, the new Premier line of speakers and of course the Rx-x5 models that were released not too long ago. Not to mention that Klipsch feels they can afford to sever connections with that many dealers (but undoubtably they'll pick up others in the same areas eventually).

IMO, if a company is dumping that much cash into R&D there has to be a lot of cash flowing from somewhere.

Yeah, I agree. klipsch must be doing just fine. I'm glad of it, too. Maybe the heritage line will be safe from the ax for the forseeable future. Not that they've threatened or anything, but I frankly am surprised they keep them around. Hardly any dealers stock them and they receive no promotion whatsoever...hm, must just be good speakers.16.gif