How to hook up PC to Reciever

Thors1982

I have the same soundcard, mine came with an interface that goes on the front of your computer in a CD-ROM bracket. This front plate has SPDF In/Out, MIDI In/Out, Headphones, RCA Inputs, Optical In/Out. The input/output on the back of the computer should have a digital in (3.5mm) and I think three 3.5mm speaker outputs for powered speakers (Front, rear and sub). The software that came with it should allow you to handle bass management just like a typical DVD player or 5.1 Decoder. For the price it has some nice features, although it doesn't out put at 44.1 KHz for some reason. Only 48.

FWIW, it makes really nice recordings in both analoge and digital with a pretty low noise floor.

ok, I went to radioshack... the guy had no clue what i was talking about and sold me this

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=274-378

doesn't work, so I have to take that back.

Aslo dgb, wish mine could be that easy :-( all I have is the 3.5mm hookups in the back, I have no front plate :-(

So, did I get the right thing and it is not working or did i get the wrong adapter. If so can you look up one on radioshack.com and show it to me?

That adapter won't work because it is an rca to stereo 1/8" adapter. You would need an rca to mono 1/8" adapter to accomplish this, since you will be connecting to one digital coax cable. This one should work for you, and it's gold plated:)

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F002%5F001%5F001&product%5Fid=274%2D897

Just got back from radio shack.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :-)

thanks for all your help guys, i guess you figured out it worked :-)

funny thing is I printed out that link you sent me jfmacken, and the guy at radio shack was like i will sell this to you but I don't think its going to work. LOL

thanks everyone for you help