Heresy II efficiency rating

J.4knee

I have been looking at some H2's circa 1983-6 and the efficiency rating is 94 db/w/m with 4 ohm nom impedance. The newer ones are 97 db/w/m 8 ohm nom impedance and the older H1's were 96 db/w/m and both 8 ohm nom impedance. Can anyone explain why these H2's have a markedly lower efficiency than both the older H1's and the newer H2's?

The Heresy II did not come to be officially until 1986, in 1983 the original Heresy was still in production. There were some mixed HI & HII Heresy's that were made in 1985 that had a mix of the newer and older components prior to the actual changeover. The average efficiency of any Heresy is around 96db. The subtle differences in efficiency are negligible.

Thanks yeah I was not sure of the actual manufacture dates and the circa 1983-86 was just a generalization. Any reason why some are 4 ohm and others 8 ohm nominal impedance. I realize speaker impedance is not an exact measurement like a resitance measure ment and its a characteristic of impedance developed by the load at varying frequencies. But I was just curious it would seem to me the crossover characteristics would have to be very different to do that... 4 ohm nominal vs 8 ohm nominal.