ProMedia 400 successor?

dwb122

Hey guys, new here.

I've been looking around reading reviews of sound systems for my PC and it looks like the ProMedia is the one for me. However, after looking at the dates of most of the reviews these speakers are obviously relatively old. Anything better coming out soon, or already out, in the same price range?

Also, I'm going to be hooking it up to my new Live! 5.1 sound card. Is it somehow possible to hook up an extra speaker and set it up as an extra (center) channel? Or would I be DOOMED to 4.1 with these speakers no matter what?

The v.2-400 is available only while supplies last. The newer 4.1 sounds a little better, has more features, and will cost more.

Going out on a limb, I think most users would say either of these is better than 5.1 systems offered in this price range.

quote:

Originally posted by Baz:

New x-overs, on/standby switch, mp3 player jack and headphone jack.

Sounds like the extra 50 bucks is well worth it in my opinion.
smile.gif

Up here in Canada i payed $389.00 + 15% tax for the original pros,AND I'M STILL HAPPY!!!

Heck, I just bought the 2.1's for $200 and they sound soo good I have no qualms about putting down another $200 for another 2.1 set for the rears. ROCK ON!

dont think they'll sound much different just acouple more creature comforts. smile.gif

they claim better channle sepperation but i haven't ever had a problem with mine. smile.gif

------------------

tornado 1000, 300w ps

culs2-c bios 1003

p3700e cco @1050

pal6035, delta bl

256 mushkin pc133

radeon 32ddr

75 gxp 45gig

sony 48x,plextor 12/10/32

sbl value

opti v95

of course v2-400's