Help identifying bookshelf Klipsches

----------------

On 5/5/2004 5:07:50 PM fastlane wrote:

Bought these used, but no numbers on either sticker on back. What do I have? KG 1.2, 1.5? Any help would be appreciated. See attached photo.

----------------

My guess is the KM-2.

These may be the KG 1.2. I have a set in oiled oak. The KG 1.5 were predrilled for Omnimount brackets, and I didn't see any holes there. The stickers may have faded due to sunlight. One of my set has the same thing. You can still see the sticker, but the signatures have faded as have the S/Ns.

Then again, my 1.2s have screws in front to access the drivers and the grills fit into slots between the motorboard and sides. These look like the grills use some sort of "plug" to attach. So, the more I think about it, these may not be the 1.2s.

----------------

On 5/7/2004 11:58:29 AM trey cannon wrote:

The KM-2 is a military version of the KG-1.2....same speaker...

----------------

The missing model number and serial numbers on the back is what made me guess the KM-2, since I've never seen a KG series speaker without the name and serial number marked on the back label.

the kg1.2 , kg 1.5 and km-2 are all the same speaker. the kg series was matte finish on the baffel on the front of the speaker, where as the km series was the wood venner finish. not just the tweeter difference. the pcture is of a KM-2, the military series. I wish klipsch would make another military series. i used to own kg 2.2 which are practically the same with only another woofer above the tweeter.

Trey/Steve-

Thanks for the extra info. Good stuff to know. There are two auctions on eBay for these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=3095756154&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Four of them in the auction above and two at this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=3095865009&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW