sws/rsw-10

fordguy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

talk to ear about setting up 6 or more subs. its not too hard, just put em on a wall faceing you. All you have to do is make sure they are all about the same distance to you. I'll put my money on the SWS's to outpower a single rws-10

it s not as easy as you think...9.gif

with 2 sub for exemple, if they are not well placed, a sub can delete the effect of the first for some frequencies.the result is some bass gap in some places in the room.

so here the way it goes with all your sub:

some sub delete the work of the others.

you may have a lot of power output for some frequencies and some big gap for some other...

i m sure it s not very well explain with my rusty english9.gif

you should take a look there:

http://www.harman.com/wp/index.jsp?articleId=131

there is a little exel sheet wich allows to see which mode will be exited in your room and where.so you ll be able to place your subs(ssss) and your speakers in a better way.2.gif

your right on one point:

the output power may be higher with 6 SWS than a single RSW, but only for some frequencies, the response won t be linear.

in a nutshell:you may have 130 db at 40hz and 60db at 30hz,...or 60db at 40hz and 130 at 30hz.do you understand?

and what speakers do you have?

if you have some promedia speakers, with 6 sub well seted up, the sattelites shouldn t be audible versus a such amount of bass.

i have the pm 5.1 ultra's a sound blaster audigy 2 zs 4 sws & the 5.1 sub iam just asking if the 4 that i have are going to be as good as a rsw-10 i just wanted more bass for some games & a little mp3's they sound good but if i can get the performance from 1 sub or more that would be good i have 4.1 pm that i can install the sws to it just get's all crazy hooking the rsw-10 sub up just want the best sounding sys thanks 9.gif

----------------

On 5/14/2004 5:16:17 AM doudou wrote:

it s not as easy as you think...
9.gif

with 2 sub for exemple, if they are not well placed, a sub can delete the effect of the first for some frequencies.the result is some bass gap in some places in the room.

so here the way it goes with all your sub:

some sub delete the work of the others.

you may have a lot of power output for some frequencies and some big gap for some other...

i m sure it s not very well explain with my rusty english
9.gif

you should take a look there:

there is a little exel sheet wich allows to see which mode will be exited in your room and where.so you ll be able to place your subs(ssss) and your speakers in a better way.
2.gif

----------------

I know a lot about waves/cancellations and phase shifts. If the subs are the same, all that matters is the distance. Furthermore, bass waves are very long, the wavelength can be over a meter easy, therefore an inch or two really does not shift the wave out of phase much.

----------------

On 5/12/2004 11:30:26 PM 007 wrote:

Hard to say, the rws-10 will sound better and tighter and may have less distortion. but the rws-10/12 and even the 15 drop pretty damn fast after 30hrz. I dont know what the specs are on the SWS for one has not really been benchmarked. Granted its a long way from an RWS-10, but 5 sws's is sure to blur your vision as my single sws+ultra already does when set up correctly.

----------------

the rws are designed more for music i believe then for overall deep bass, that why they call the rsw 15 probaly the best musically inclined subwoofer, but it's no svs 9.gif

you need to turn the bass gain to about 10+

and the SWS up all the way. You need to position your subs and stand where you get the most gain. It will blur you vision for the short bursts of bass and its slightly distorted because of the gain.

i see but no long term blur like the svs pb2+ can cause? GOD I need that, I want subwoofers that cause people to faint, yes I heard somewhere that a klipsch person made a sub with 140db @16 hertz and that caused the guy to pass out while talking about it

no no no, nothing long term. I can't do a constant blur like an SVS can. maybe 6 of them could. If you really want that, grab a pb2-ids or +

they are pennies for dollars when it comes to shear output.

hahaha.. i was in my dorm testing out my sub - and i blurred my vision standing right next to it playing country grammer. it seemed to me (or maybe it was just my overbassed brain) that the room started going into a vertical flex... where the ceiling and the floor came closer towards each other. boy... what a trip.

i got phonecalls from the floor below within seconds. 11.gif