Proud new owner of KG4s, The questions begin!

n2dablue

My KG4's were given to my son along with the Technics TX-GX470 Pro-Logic Receiver that powered it. He still uses this receiver and they still sound wonderful. You may prefer to have an A/V Receiver w/newer Audio/Video modes, if so, I suggest a close look at Onkyo's TX-DS484, or TX-DS494. Both units have remotes.

I use the TX-DS484 model with my bedroom system and I am very pleased with this unit. It performs really well for music and video's.

The 484's replacement was the Onkyo'sTX-DS494 it added some additional decoding modes, soundfields, and is deemed DVD-Audio/SACD ready. It has the same 55 Watt rating as the TX-DS484.

IMO, both are worthy of consideration.

Good Luck.

Wow, Its been a while since I started this post, neat to see people still reading that far back in the pages! Anyways, I decided on the Denon DRA 835R, which was sold between 1991 and 1995 and last sold for $800.00. I picked it up in mint condition for $150! I am extremely happy with this receiver, and mates VERY nicely with the KG4s with its warm, powerful and extremely clean output. In many ways, its too bad that Denon, along with the rest of the world, has gone and put forth all their attention to MultiChannel. The DRA 835 will easilly put Denon's current stereo and lower end mulichannel units to shame! SACD fed through this unit is incredible, I cant explain it any better than that, just incredible. So thank you all for your time, suggestions and opinions, feel free to continue to add on to this, as I am sure that others will still benifit from reading here.

• Like 1