Reference sub

wife-said-no

What happened to the new reference sub. I can't find it on the Klipsch page anywhere. Even when I do a search. Please don't tell me that I have been waiting all this time to find out that they are junk like the old ones.

------------------

Come on honey why can't I spend some more money?

Aye, Captain W.S.N., the subs are still in dry dock with their specs hangin' in the breeze... and won't set sale until sometime when the leaves are turning cwm9.gif just enough time for a quickee "Klipsch Wife Charming" home audio study course! Biggrin.gif HornEd

------------------

"Where Legends Live! Klipsch Powered HT"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30 Center, KLF 30 Mains, KLF 10 Front Effects

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30 L&R Side/Surrounds, KLF 30 Rear Effects

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra sub with Samson Megawatt Amp

SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweakin' On!

Cornwall II / KSW-15 Music Room Under Construction

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-10-2001 at 12:02 PM

• 1 month later...

So Mr. Ed, may I deduce from your explaination that the new Reference subs won't be out until autumn? I wonder which sub (if any manufactured by Klipsch) would be best suited for my single pair of KLF 30s and my single pair of Heresy surrounds? A sub is something I will only use for home theatre, and that comprises less than ten percent of my stereo usage, so I really need to keep the cost below $700. Since all my speakers save the center speaker are filled with twelve inch woofers, I figure that a fifteen inch sub would be essential. Any ideas? Anyone? Anyone? Am I looking at closer to a grand? Anyone? cwm32.gif

OY! What's taking them so long? I want to see some specs for the 10 inch. As you can see in my sig, I'm deciding between that and the HGS-10. Can anyone guess what the price of the RSW-10 would be? 'Cause price would also be somewhat of a factor in my decision. After all, the HGS-10 is not exactly cheap.

------------------

-Paul

AMD T-Bird 900

Asus A7V

Micron 256 MB PC-133

IBM 30 GB 7200 rpm ATA 100

Pioneer DVD-105 Slot-Load (16X/40X)

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 (soon to be Hercules Fortissimo II)

NEC MultiSync M700 17" (soon to be LG Flatron 915FT Plus 19")

Razor Boomslang 2000 w/Everglide Giganta

These speakers are for my computer, not a HT

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-2802 or AVR-3802)

Speakers: Klipsch Quintets (5 sats. no center)

Sub: Sony SA-W305 mini-sub (soon to be Velodyne HGS-10 or Klipsch RSW-10)

This message has been edited by oogins on 08-15-2001 at 12:47 AM

oogs, last i heard, http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001310.html the rsw-10 is $1k.

i'm anxious to hear 'em too to see how the 15 compares to my velo hgs-18. i'm not expecting them til 10/01 though i think the last official klipsch projection was

9/01.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z1 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3, RC-3

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

rock on!

Oogins

I would look at the HSU VTF-2 instead of the HGS 10. The HSU will deliver more bass then the HGS 12 for half the cost. I had an HGS 12 and it was a great sub but I HATED to hear a sub that expensive go "POP" every now and then because I asked too much of it.

Mr Blorry

There are some great subs for those speakers in that price range. Nousaine data:

1. HSU VTF-2 107.1 / 93~20 hz $500

2. Paradigm PW 2200 107.4 / 104~25 hz $800 list 112.8 db peaks

3. SVS CS 20-39 w/700 watt amp 109.5 / 20~91 / 25~105.8 $850 (dual subs w/amp $1250)

4. SVS CS Ultra W/1000 watt amp (APPROX) 112.5 / 20~98 / 25~110 $1575 (sub only $1099)

Really! Paradigm subs are a good match for Klipsch? Yes, I would rather get an SVS, but for the time being I need to keep my costs in check. Shouldn't we wait for the new K subs, or are they not going to matchup well with Legend speakers? Also, since I have a grand total of six twelve inch woofers in my HT rig, shouldn't I be looking at a larger diameter subwoofer? Keep in mind I'm a Legend/Heritage fan here; I prefer the slam and emotion!cwm32.gif

Everything you all want to know about RSW's will be revealed on September 10th. Sorry to keep you waiting, but your patience will be rewarded.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

JimG hope you are right,I took several pain killers!I saw the pics of the new RSW series,they look gorgeous.

I want my RSW15 and RSW12.

TheEAR(s) cannot leave the poor little RF-5 with no help!And my Klipsch dealer told me the RF-7 is not yet out in Canada!? And the same goes for the RC-7! Frown.gif

My plan is to buy the RF-7,RF-5(great have it!) and the matching RC-7 center speaker.

Yes I will use the RF-5 as sourround! LOL

Its like my main Dynaudio Contour system,Contour 3.3's,Contour Center and Contour 1.1's for sourrounds!

Aerial SW12 and Revel B15 subs cover the low end.

The ATI 2505 amp wants to drive the RF series,and I want to hear the full power of Klipsch. Smile.gif

Overkill,you bet!

TheEAr(s) Now theears

Well JimG? Well

"Everything you all want to know about RSW's will be revealed on September 10th."

All we know up to now is you have taken pics. LOL

Where are the sub specs?

You can bet your RSW I will demand justice.

Frown.gif

I want my RSW specs,dammit I want to get a RSW sub for my RF-5's.

TheEAR(s) Now theears