In general, what receivers are best for the Synergy's?

kenratboy

As my 'plan' carries foward, I am thinking about what receiver would match the SF-3's and SC-3 best. Budget-wise, I am shooting in the $500-800 range, and hopefully no more. I want something NEW (not used, however, I would probably buy from one of you guys! - but this is at least a month or more away).

From what I have gathered, Denon is always a winner, Yamaha can be a bit bright, Pioneer is good (but horror stories about quality). What else to consider?

I am coming from a older generation (675) of this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bqTiwSSetHi/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=4&g=10420&I=158STD697B&o=p&a=0&cc=01&avf=N&search=

I like Denon a lot, and have a eye on the 2805 when it comes out, but it might be a bit expensive.

Thanks!

I am going to be honest. I have had Kenwood (300 something series), NAD T751, and Denon 3803 hooked up to my Klipsch since I've had them and heard a Sony15.gif . The best sound hands down was the NAD. I had some problems with the unit and tried getting it repaired a few times before contacting NAD themselves. To make a long story short, after contacting them they offered to replace the T751 with a T752. So there maybe some built quality issues(as is with many electronic companies) but they showed me that they stand behind there product and will support there customers. Therefore with this new knowledge of the integrity of NAD I would not only recommend them, but seriously doubt you will match the sound quality with ANYTHING from Bestbuy, Circuit City, ect...... and in my opinion they have the other products in their price range for lunch. If sound quality is what your after then there you go, anything else you should probably look elsewhere.

P.S.

Harmon Kardon is a good consideration also.

I forgot about HK.

The only thing I need is a fair amount of digital in's. Computer, PS2, DVD, and CD player. The Denon can do that (at my price)

Also, I will be upgrading eventually, so I don't 'need' perfection now, just the flexability. My listening area is hardly ideal!!!

Harman has a really good sound but they have poor quality controll. Same with nad and most brands that sound good. Denon is a little more reliable not as good sound wise. But it is pretty good. Harman will really rock with nice sweet detail. Something harsh in a denon i can't put my finger on maybe the midrange. Probally do to the sf-2 dipping into the lower ohms on the mids and the denon doesn't have current like a harman. But i am happy for now with my denon. Love my harman to, but that is a little more cable sensitive. My next receiver maybe something like a rotel, sunfire, b&k, arcam, nad, sherwood newcastle, marantz, something along them lines. As for economical look into denon, harman, marantz's lower models get awesome reviews.