rf35 - good speakers?

dr-dezibel

Well, the denon avr-3805 and dvd-2200 have arrived and are already installed.

Now that the rf-7 are too big for my room i'm leaning towards a complete 35set (rf35/rc35/rs35 and sub rw12). I have heard the rf35 - big bang for the buck. Would save me lots of money.

Why is this set not more popular in this forum?

What are 35-users saying about their speakers, do they recommend them?

Are there any reviews an the web (except audioreview.com - just visited)?

----------------

On 5/17/2004 12:30:40 PM dr-dezibel wrote:

Well, the denon avr-3805 and dvd-2200 have arrived and are already installed.

Why is this set not more popular in this forum?

What are 35-users saying about their speakers, do they recommend them?

Are there any reviews an the web (except audioreview.com - just visited)?

----------------

I'll have to agree with what Bill already said. I've heard the RF-35s in Indy last summer, and I am quite impressed. I did have the full RF-3II package for a short while, and that also indeed sound awsome with the Denon AVR3802 receiver that I have. Like most folks on here, I simply wanted to take it up to the next level and traded it all in for a complete RF-7 package. However, it was kinda depressing to box up the '3-IIs to take back to the store. There was a part of me that wanted to keep them and use them for something else, but I just simply could not afford to keep both the '3-IIs and the '7s (only later to score a pair of RF-5s cheap on clearance 9.gif).

But yes, since you already stated the RF-7s would be to big and expensive for your needs, definitly get the RF-35s and don't look back! They will be awesome with your Denon AVR-3805 and DVD-2200!

Greetings..I've only owned my 35's for 10 days now so I'm hardly an expert, but I did audition all the models in the Reference series except the RF-7's and decided on the 35's over the rest. The best thing is to listen to as many models as possible and choose what pleases YOU most. Good luck and have fun.

Dan,

I'm right with you on the newbie thing. I just bought my RW-8, and RB-35s very recently and I agree that you really need to listen to the speakers playing the same sounds.

Dr.:

My dealer played only the Sub with some Jazz playing and for the size and cost... I was impressed with the 8.

When I bought the 35s, I went in and was looking at the RF-15s and the RB-35s - both being in my price range - I picked the 35s because of the clarity that I heard with them. And as I see it - please, anyone, correct me if I'm completely wrong - it seems that what you really need is the clarity instead of bassier Fronts and Centers because if your system crossover or Front's size is set properly, you will not be using much of the woofers... Is this correct?

Anyway, if I'm wrong, I'm sorry. But as Dan said, "Choose what pleases YOU most" and definitely hear as many sets with the same sounds as possible. This will help you get a better idea of what pleases you.

AngryOrb7.gif

"it seems that what you really need is the clarity instead of bassier Fronts and Centers because if your system crossover or Front's size is set properly, you will not be using much of the woofers... Is this correct?"

Yes and no it depends on what your front speakers are capable of. For instance if you have 3 La Scala's across the front I would set them to large and cross the subs over at a lower frequency because the folded horns produce their bass much more efficiently and you only need the Subs for the really DEEP bass. However if your fronts are comparatively small and dont produce a very substantial bass then you may want to turn over more of the bass duties to your sub and set your front LRC to small and obviously cross the sub at a higher frequency.

----------------

On 5/19/2004 5:09:08 PM J.4knee wrote:

Yes and no it depends on what your front speakers are capable of. For instance if you have 3 La Scala's across the front I would set them to large and cross the subs over at a lower frequency because the folded horns produce their bass much more efficiently and you only need the Subs for the really DEEP bass. However if your fronts are comparatively small and don’t produce a very substantial bass then you may want to turn over more of the bass duties to your sub and set your front LRC to small and obviously cross the sub at a higher frequency.

----------------

J.4,

Thanks for that clarification. That's what I was thinking and wanting to say, but I didn't quite get it all into words.

AngryOrb

7.gif

if real wood veneer is not a must,then i feel the '35' series is one of the best values in the klipsch-and any other speaker manufacturer same price point-speaker lineup!

the rw-12 will work very well w/them,a rsw-12 may be worth the extra $$'s if you want even better bass.

jmo-avman.

I own the rf-15's and am very pleased. I can only assume that the rf-35's are even better! I would say go for it. The 15's meet my needs, but then who bases any purchase on NEED these days? I love them... and wouldn't buy any other brand.

The RF35 isn't a small speaker by any stretch of the imagination. So if it's space, it's not going to save you much space over the RF7. If you have the budget for it, I'd definitely go with the RF7. Personally, I have the RF35s and they're great. Still, when I see or hear mention of the RF7, I think "someday...".

• 3 weeks later...

how are thew rf 5's compared to the rf 7;s?

I'm looking at getting a klipsch HT system set up.

I listen to the rf 35 and rf 7, and liked the sound picture of the 7's better ,but haven't heard the rf 5.

another thing .if i go with the rf 7's , how is it to use rc35 instead og rc 7(rf 7 are a little big in size.

last inceiling on the back vs wall mounted? is it a lot of difference?(have wired for inceiling)

would a Denon 3805 be to "small" for the rf 7's?