Heresy theater take 2

M6 Driver

----------------

On 5/21/2004 1:09:46 AM boomer9911 wrote:

I think a Hersey II HT is sweet, need a good sub mind you, Velodyne HGS12II, SVS....take the tube and.....
9.gif

The Ears should be along soon....lol....

you need better stands IMO.....yup....
----------------

The LF10 does a fair job but that'll get upgraded next year maybe a PB2 and for the stands only temporary I'm looking at some by LOVAN just need a couple hours of OT and it'll be time to post an update!

"As for the tilting that is very opinionated."

Oh you gotta be kidding me opinionated??

Sorry I will dissagree with you every time. You need to hypothetically see the drivers all the way down into the throat. If you can do that your ok. If not, tilting is your only option.

If it hits you in the sweetspot e.g. your in your seat in front of the TV and you have it right at you... Opinionated or not.. THAT is where it should be. What Colterphoto was talking was more of the dispersion left to right and I agree with him too. If your room is wide... And your sitting say 6 feet to the right of the TV your gonna miss out, because the drivers go up and down, meaning verticle.

Guess I can 100% speak from experience on this one. With your other Heresies lifted off of the ground some.. You need your center tilted up just a little maybe 1/2 inch or so, this will make a HUGE difference and you will never see it anyhow visually as a big difference. Try it!

yes opinionated was the wrong word. I meant it sounds better without tilting unless you tilt all your speakers the same way. That's what i hear can't help it if you dissagree or hear different. I could see if it was placed on the floor, and it is a little low. So by all means experiment try it out. By the looks of it if you tilt it up it will reflect off of the tv stand. I bet it sounds great how it is. Lovan are excellent stands would love to see some pictures of them afterwards.

Nice System!

I have Heresy fronts and center speakers. I am considering also doing the rears as Heresy's as well, but space is a concern.

I use a 1974 all Alnico Heresy for my center speaker. It is right below my television and it gives me NO interference (in either full screen or letterbox). Excellent purchase - it blows away all other centers that I have listened to with this setup.

I have my center firing straight forward, but in an upright position. As long as you can see all the way down the horn drivers with a clear line of sight, you are fine.

Milton