Very OT cell phone and belt clip Q:

O.k. here goes,

I have a Nokia 8265 phone and have recently bought three new everyday pant belts. I was getting very tired of buying a new belt every year or so because they just plain wore out at the buckle point in the front. Recently I just acquired my CCW license and needed belts that are a little heavier and stronger than normal. The short answer was to get something similar to a Bianchi B24 belt I've had for some 16 years and is still going strong (now it's just too short 9.gif ).

I decided to get some from Galco International in Phoenix, AZ. They are the CB2 in Havana Brown, the SB1 in black and an SB10 in tan.

Now these belts look magnificent and elegant without being gaudy. Theyre strong as all get out and are still only 1 1/4" wide. Here's the problem, the thickest one is 3/16" thick (the SB10) and I have yet to find a case for my cell phone that won't bugger up the finish of the leather and will close completely wile surrounding the extra thick leather.

So I need a case that is detachable from the clip that has a really deep jaw. I put peel-n-stick felt on the clip it came with but the jaw won't close all the way.

I've looked on line (even Parts Express) but haven't found one. Any ideas??

this is a interesting post and I think I may be able to help.

what you need to do is look for cell-phone holders that LAW ENFORCEMENT uses, cause they seem to have the best most effective gear.

I'm thinking of brands such as RAINE, EAGLE CREEK and one that is PERFECT for your situation..but alas--the name eludes me at current....

www.uscav.com

go to US cavalry or BRIGADE QUARTERMASTERs on-line and you'll find something that is more suited to what you want--the "regular" cell-phone holders and such are not going to be what you need. I mention these brands because they have DEEP pockets and the velcro fasteners are usually very long, and can therefor acommodate different sized items...

here--check this one out to give you an idea of what is out there--this is RAINE products...

http://www.baproducts.com/raine.htm

O.k, there's an angle in the right direction. In town (Cincinnati) there is a police outfitting store (Roy Taylor Outfitters) that may be able to come accross what I need. There used to be another one across the street from my office but they closed last year.

I'm taking my vacation in a few weeks so I'll add doing that to my self-made honey-do list

Thanks!